• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heubie
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2006

Can I use zcu010 as a Sniffer

I bought the CF2 system from Danfoss and this works on the Zwave basis.
    Everything works perfect but I would like to add some extra confort by controling the system by computer.

There is no support via Controlthink or Homeseer and I therfore would like to log what is send via the remote control to the master controller and vise versa.
    My Idea is to make a setup where the remote is so far from the master controller that it needs the ZCU010 to make contact with the controller.
    In this way it's possible to log what passes the ZCU010.

As you may gues I need some driver/software to log/snif the data.
    Is there anything like this?
  • cao yunfei
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2007

hi, heubie
    ZCU010 is PC controller, it is not sniffer. Zensys has sniffer in their dev kit, it is what you want.

Comment

• hkmod25
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2007

It is tru that Danfoss use a Z-Wave on the CF2 system. But they use a "closed" communication. So it is not possible to use a 3-parts software/hardware to control this system.
      Another thing about CF2 - Danfoss dont use Z-Wave logo. So its mean that they dont support official Z-Wave Logo Program on this product.
      Last edited by hkmod25; 21 November 2007, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• heubie
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Mar 2006

They used to bo be on the zensys site with there product but it is taken off after I complained about the compatibility, after I bought the stuff of course..... :-(

I had contact with Danfoss and asked the if the system is "closed" and the confermed this. They are not planing to make a device which let you control the system by a computer.

But what is "closed" in this modern world. I'm sure the a lot of network administrators thought they had "closed" there network from the outside world. The only thing I am looking for is a key to open it up so it can work with my domotica-system (as promised on the zensys site, when I bought it)

Comment

• hkmod25
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by heubie View Post
          They are not planing to make a device which let you control the system by a computer.
          This information is not correct. Right now Danfoss have a product (Radiator Termostat - RA PLUS-w) that are compatible with Z-wave hardware from another manufacturers (Innovus, Merten) and also PC control systems...
          Also I was in contact with a Danfoss dev. center in UK. They make a test and certification job for another Z-Wave based products that will be available probably in Q1 2008.

Comment

• heubie
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2006

@ hkmod25,

If this is the case this is VERY GOOD NEWS. But are yuo sure that it wil be possible to control the CF2 system, since it is a "closed communication" system?

Comment

• hkmod25
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by heubie View Post
              @ hkmod25,

If this is the case this is VERY GOOD NEWS. But are yuo sure that it wil be possible to control the CF2 system, since it is a "closed communication" system?
              I talking here about new (Z-Wave) products from Danfoss.
              I also think that CF2 will never be possible to control with some PC software...

Comment

• heubie
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Mar 2006

I mis-understoot your first mailing.
                I mailed Danfoss Denmark again to see if there are any changes in the CF2 productionline.
                If this is not the case then I am thinking of buying a second main controller to see if I can control this one with my PC. I opend up my current one and see that this it not more than a microcontroller a display and a zm1220 unit.
                Controle of the 6 buttons should not be to much of a problem but capturing the display data will be more of a problem.
                If anybody has any information on the zwave protocol that is used on rx/tx lines of the zm1220 or anything else that may help please let me know.

Comment

• hkmod25
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Oct 2007

You can found some Information about Z-Wave protocol on ours support side: http://www.smarthus.info/support.php

Comment

• heubie
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Mar 2006

@ hkmod25,

you have pm
                    Last edited by heubie; 10 December 2007, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Kevin
                      • Jan 2004

HomeSeer beta 2.2.70 now has included support for the Danfoss Z-Wave radiator controller. Quite which model I'm not sure and also whether there is compatibility between a European USB Z-Wave interface and a European Danfoss unit (Z-Wave operating on different frequencies within Europe to the US)

K

Comment

• heubie
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Mar 2006

I know and already check at Danfoss and there CF2 system is not "open" to other zwave products, but it is build on zwave protocol. It seems to be possible to use zwave and close it of to other controllers...... :-(

Comment

• Jimll
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Mar 2006

I have one of the danfus Radiator Termostat - RA PLUS-w and have it working with HS and act z-wave usb controller also merton wireless switches
                          James Clabon

Comment

• heubie
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Mar 2006

In november I had contact with Danfoss but adn the are still thincking of making it controleable with the computer. But the CF2 system as it is will not be abel to communicate with any other vendor....... :-(

Comment

• toast0r
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Feb 2008

RA Plus-w

Has anyone got an idea where I can actually buy the Z-wave Danfoss radiator valves? I've done a fair amount of googling but all I seem to be able to find are people talking about them!

I'm thinking of putting one in each room - have they worked well for you Jimll?

Comment

Working...
                              X