• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tush
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2006

2 SKY + BOXES & LABGEAR DISTRIBUTION AMP

I have a labgear home distribution amp which I want to use to distribute my Sky + and Sky HD Box as well as TV (1-5), FM and DAB.

I have 4 x CT100 cables running from the Dish LNB to the Boxes. I was hoping that I could connect the RF2 Outs from both boxes into the two Inputs on the AMP. I have been told by Labgear that this is not possible.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

I understand that I may need to purchase other hardware which is not a problem. Just need information on what I need and how it is done.

Thank You in advance cos I know this is the best place to get help!!!
  • vex
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2005

Re: 2 SKY + BOXES & LABGEAR DISTRIBUTION AMP

Not sure if Sky+ and Sky HD use the same or different IR code sets. If they are different then you can run it over the Coax, if they are the same then we have to do it differently.

I'll check with my Sky mate when I see him on the 28th.

How many points are you trying to feed?

Chris
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• katman
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vex
      Not sure if Sky+ and Sky HD use the same or different IR code sets. If they are different then you can run it over the Coax, if they are the same then we have to do it differently.
      Sky+ and Sky HD HANDSETS use different IR codes BUT the Sky HD Receiver will also respond to a SKY+ handset as it understands and decodes BOTH sets of codes.

This problem was highlighted on the AVforums and DigitalSpy when Sky HD was first released. I dont know if any updates have been done as a work around for this as I dont have Sky HD.
      KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
      http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

IR control can done with a Logitech Harmony 895. As long as it has the new firmware update. You can select which of the 4 outputs on the RF IR extender are used. So you could have two devices set up as Sky 1 and Sky 2 and set them to the IR extender and have Sky 1 on port a and Sky2 on port b. Or select one from the remote and the other from the RF IR extender. As long as the Sky boxes are not kept together but are seperated you can now control them independently.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X