• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MADDOG
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jun 2004

IO to x10

OK I have a remote building (a garage) with its own alarm system in it and I was wondering about getting it status into our house. Can anyone think of an easyway without laying cables? I was thinking some kind of status of reading the alarm conditions I only want to know when the siren goes off as an X10 message but would not know how to. If not I do have a wireless lan that can reach that far and can probably use some digital inputs on a dlink wireless web cam I own.
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Re: IO to x10

I have a friend that used the "X10 Power Flash" modules to signal his HomeSeer setup of the alarm status.

From memory he just hooked the inputs of the module up to the LEDs or SIREN of the alarm, that way he knew when it was armed or dis-armed or triggered.

Providing the garage and the house are on the same mains and within X10 "range" you should be able to receive the status signals in the house.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• MADDOG
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jun 2004

thanks thats exactly what I want!

Comment

• Shmern
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Otto-Mate
        I have a friend that used the "X10 Power Flash" modules to signal his HomeSeer setup of the alarm status.

From memory he just hooked the inputs of the module up to the LEDs or SIREN of the alarm, that way he knew when it was armed or dis-armed or triggered.

Providing the garage and the house are on the same mains and within X10 "range" you should be able to receive the status signals in the house.

M.
        That would be me !

Yes I used 2 powerflash modules to interface to a standard non X10 alarm in my old house.

one was wired to the Siren output and the other to what i think the manual of the alarm referred to as 'PIR Latch' basically it went high when the alarm was armed.

The powerflashes then just sent an X10 message depending on the state of each of these. Worked really well for years.

Nice and easy simple Alarm integration, do you have a proper manual for your alarm ? i.e. not just the user guide ?

Shmern
        Shmern
        ---------------------------------
        http://shmern.org

Comment

Working...
        X