• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StevieRob
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2006

Myson Midas problem

Can anyone pls help?

Went to an old Myson Midas wall hung system boiler just before New Year to find no start up, after proving the iar pressure switch (carefully with my manometer tube) it fired up OK. There was power to the fan and after a little coaxing it tried to run but kept sticking, asked customer about any noised b4 it went off and confirmed screatching noises - so I ordered a new fan.

Returned today, fit fan fired up nicely hey presto

Replaced combustion chamber cover and fired up again but kept knocking itself off and cycling from starting up to low flame and off. Removed cover and fine again. Replaced cover but just less than hand tight allowing a little air gap fired up fine, fully replaced the cover and u guessed it back to cycling.

The only thing I could think was the air pressure switch may be playing up but didn't want to just go chucking parts at it, and it did work ok with the cover off and not at all with the fan tube removed to seemed to be doing its job OK?

Thanks in advance
    Steve
  • sunbeam
    • Feb 2006

yep i've had it before stevie, but on ravenheats

luckily i got away with taking the tube of to the fan and it worked,

is the pressure switch adjustable, maybe a tweek will do.

Comment

• StevieRob
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2006

cheers sunbeam, I've got a new pressure switch to collect and take there tomoro but I'll try tweaking a bit 1st, will let u know how it goes

Comment

Working...
      X