• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vex
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2005

NWooton,

The answer to your question is 'sort of!'

The PILL is a 250W (IIRC) dimmer designed to fit in the back of standard depth back boxes and provide dimming for a single circuit. These can be talked to by a Rako wireless controller or simply controlled by a contact closure switch on the faceplate covering the PILL dimmer and backbox.

This allows you to match the switch plate to the majority of manufacturers looks. Press the button once, the light comes on to the level you left it at last, press and hold it will dim up to max, press and hold again it will dim down to off. Press and release the circuit will turn off.

I am planning to re-do the whole house here in PILL's and a mix of contact closure buttons and full Rako wireless controllers in key areas like Kitchen/dinner, Lounge, Front Door, Master Bedroom and Landing.

HTH

Chris
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• mikaj
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2007

thanks vex we are nearly there, good job weve not started plastering yet
      now, how cost? what would that little lot cost?

Comment

• vex
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2005

Are you sitting down.

For all those circuits and one controller you are looking at about £700 Retial inc VAT and Shipping! Add about another £100 if you want a second controller.

Still worthing in my book, but then I have seen the results.
        www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
        NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

Working...
        X