• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpkayeuk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2005

FOR SALE: Unfinished HA Project

Will I get a record for the most expensive for sale item?

I am offering for sale my 4 bedroom farmhouse in a beautiful location in North Wales. Just outside the small village of Cynwyd, near Corwen, is Pen y geulan a newly renovated farmhouse. Located in 5 acres, including woodland and two paddocks with river Dee frontage, the house has fabulous views across the Dee valley to the Berwyn mountains beyond.

Of particular interest to the folks on here is the current state of the HA project... The specs are as follows:

- Floodwired with Cat 6 (around 100 ports)
    - Wired for Comfort with cabling for external doorphone and 4 internal keypads - just needs Comfort and PIR contact sensors to be fitted
    - All lighting by Clipsal C-BUS - most dimmable with Saturn keypads including 2 LCD keypads
    - Wired for whole house audio (7.5 zones, half zone is an extension of master bedroom into en-suite with separate volume control) with in-ceiling speakers
    - Wired for 7.1 surround (exc. front channels) in living room with QED SA II
    - 6 shielded CAT5 CCTV points

All wiring is home-run back to a node-0. All wiring and make good work done by Ben Addison in early 2005 - so it's a top quality job!

Of further interest to the HA community is the mountain spring stream that runs adjacent to the woodland and between the two paddocks. At around 25m (shortest point) from the main property, the stream is capable of driving a good sized electricity generating turbine. Unusually for such a rural location, broadband is also available (and connected and working!!). The property is completely water and sewerage self sufficient (100m+ spring water well with septic tank and soakaway).

I've detailed the HA properties of the house, but, rest assured it is stunning in every way. For further details (although I don't think the agent is currently doing it justice) and some photos take a look at: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

Currently on the market for offers in the region of £495,000. For more detailed information contact me directly at mark(at)mkaye.co.uk.

Regards,

Mark
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Very nice Mark! Good luck with the sale.

It would be of interest to many of us if you could post your experience of tryng to sell these smart home features to potential buyers. Let us know how it goes.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

Working...
    X