• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NicolaiL
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2007

Mount for MS13 Motion Sensors

How does everyone mount your MS13s?

In order to get them on the wall, in corners of rooms and properly angled I have meticously cut out triangled pieced of wood (34mm x 34mm), painted them in a neutral white, stuck them together (in case of a down angled corner install) etc.

All in all somewhat cumbersome but I could never find any readymade mounts that I could use for this job.

What does everyone else do? Has anyone got a simpler solution? (if so I'd be very interested as I'm about to install a few more).
  • pgiblin
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2007

I use Velcro self adhesive pads. Quick and nasty but seems to work.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

You could try and see if some of the corner mounts used for PIR sensors fit.
      Or some of those small wall mount speaker brackets may work.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• malarcy
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
        How does everyone mount your MS13s?

In order to get them on the wall, in corners of rooms and properly angled I have meticously cut out triangled pieced of wood (34mm x 34mm), painted them in a neutral white, stuck them together (in case of a down angled corner install) etc.

All in all somewhat cumbersome but I could never find any readymade mounts that I could use for this job.

What does everyone else do? Has anyone got a simpler solution? (if so I'd be very interested as I'm about to install a few more).
        I just use double sided felt pads - put on the edges of the unit and mounted in place - a couple of angled ones I have used a piece of stiff card as the top bracket mounted in the same way.

Malarcy

Comment

Working...
        X