• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wywywywy
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2005

Problem with Heating - SC9000 + Digimax + X10

Hi,

I bought an SC9000 security alarm system, a Digimax 210 thermostat, and an UM7206 universal module (plus other stuff) a while ago.

I finally got the SC9000 fitted, no problem at all, very good. Arms, disarms, triggers, switches lights, and calls/answers correctly. The SC9000 is on A1.

Yesterday I got the UM7206 fitted to my combi boiler too. Again, no problem at all. I can switch heating on/off with my remote. (This thing is much louder than I expected by the way.)

Today I digged out the Digimax 210, gave it some batteries, and registered it to my SC9000 in zone 1. I then set my UM7206 to address B3.

So I disarmed the alarm, and waited and waited and... but the Digimax does not trigger the UM7206 on or off

Also tried setting the UM7206 to B4, but still the sames. By the way the Marmitek manual is so confusing, it says it will trigger the next house code of the alarm, and the unit code will be alarm unit code + 3. Yet it provides an example saying if alarm is on A1, it triggers B3?! As far as I know 1+3 is not 3...

Also tried registering the Digimax on zone 3, and setting the UM7206 to B5 and lateron B6, still no go.

I then found out that SC9000 produced before 05D18 is not compatible with the Digimax 210. But I made sure mine is produced later than that - mine is 05F25.

So why doesn't it work?

Help please!

Thanks.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Marmitek actually produce a seperate manual for this. You can find it here http://www.marmitek.com/digimax/0601...rmostaatEN.pdf
    The console doesn't have a unit code only a house code. So it could be thought of as A0 for example.
    You may also need to check what your setback temp is set to.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by toscal; 28 January 2007, 01:29 AM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• wywywywy
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2005

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I actually meant zone number + 3, not unit code of alarm + 3.

The setback temp is 4 degree, but I thought setback temp doesn't matter if it is in disarm mode?

Last night, at around midnight the console suddently issued an ON command and switch the UM7206 on!! But unfortunately it didn't switch it OFF after it has reached the comfort temperature And then roasted us all...

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Did you cut any of the links on the back of the digimax. There are 2 links. Link 1 is for setback temp. With link cut the setback minimum is now 16C, no matter what you set the temp to. So I guess this one should not be cut. Link 2 is for heating or cooling. If this one is cut then the Digimax is in cooling mode.
        Just to make sure you have your zones and house codes etc set correctly,
        A thermostat in zone 1 will generate X10 messages on code B3 if the console is set to A.
        So if the console is set to B then then a thermostat on Zone 1 would be C3. And Zone 2 would be C4 etc.
        I agree the manual is very confusing.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• wywywywy
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2005

Hi,

No I did not cut any links. The little flame icon on Digimax 210 is always correct - e.g. if I set the comfort temp to be 19 degree, then the little icon comes on if temp is below 19, and goes out if it is at or above 19.

I have tried many different house/unit codes on the UM7206, but it is not promising... Currently Digimax is on Zone 3, and UM7206 is at B5, SC9000 is on A1.

Is there any way, without spending a lot of money buying an X10 tester, that I can know whether the SC9000 console has or hasn't issued the X10 commands? Can I do it with software with the CM11U PC Interface or something to "listen" on the powerline? (I have Homeseer trial but it doesn't seem to have this function.)

Thanks.

Comment

• wywywywy
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2005

By the way can I moan for a little bit.

Marmitek's support is really shocking, even in their manuals there are lots of typos and confusion. Most of their products are quite dated, especially in the European market, but they don't seem to care too much - yet charging twice the price of the US equivalents. Not to mention how unreliable most of their products are!

I reckon Kevin Lo should take over the world. His X10^2 products I've got are fantastic, much better than Marmitek's. As soon as another company produces a product line that is similar in terms of product range and price to Marmitek's X10, I am gonna jump the boat ASAP and flog all my X10 products on eBay (but probably keeping Kevin Lo's).

Come on Z-Wave!!!

Comment

• robinh
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Aug 2007

Sc9000

Hi

I am very new to X10 home automation so I will be grateful if you can help.

I am looking at the SC9000 as an interface to controlling wall heaters (non wet system). Can I program the SC9000 to turn a digimax 210 on and off multiple times a day independant of other 210's. Can I also program an Armed away instead of an off?

The manual is not very good so I am hoping someone out there will help. Marmitek no good at all when it comes to replying.

Robin

Comment

• toscal
                • Oct 2005

"Can I also program an Armed away instead of an off?" What do you mean by this.
                We supply a unit similar to the SC9000, Its basically an SC9000 in a different box and on this you need to do the following. So it may work for the SC9000
                To set up for heating timers you may need to set the console mode first.
                In the Install menu go to menu 7 Options press Ok
                Then press 0, and use the up and down buttons to select Euro 7 day press OK.
                Press clear to quit menu then choose 1 for Yes.

Setting the timers
                1. To access the menu, press the menu UP or menu DOWN button. The display now shows ENTER PIN.
                2. Enter your 4-digit PIN code
                3. When the PIN code has been entered correctly, the word INSTALL will show up on the display.
                4. Use the menu buttons UP/DOWN? to go to menu item 9. SET TIMER. Press OK to select this menu item. You can
                also go to this menu item directly by pressing a 9 on the number pad.
                5. The display will read NEW TIMER. Press OK.
                6. When set to 7-days mode (see 7.8.1), the display will read 1. HOME CNTRL and 2. HEAT / COOL, select respective
                timer to set; either option 1 for control of lights and appliances, or option 2 for timed temperature setbacks.
                Use the menu buttons UP/DOWN? to check timers you previously set. The top menu item is always called NEW
                TIMER, unless all 14 timer points have been set.
                7. The display will read CHOOSE DAYS. Use the number keys to enter the DAYS, where 1=Monday, 2= Tuesday and
                so on. When the days are set, press OK.
                8a). HOME AUTOMATION TIMER: The display will read UNIT NUMBER or THST. Use the number pad to enter the
                UNIT CODE of the desired module (1-16) or the Thermostat nr (1-4). Example: If you enter 12, the display will
                read TIMER 12 ON. The lowest line will read " : ".
                8b). TEMPERATURE SETBACK: In case the Temperature setback is chosen, an extra choice has to be made,
                regarding which temperature level has to be used during the timed event. Choose either COMFORT (which is the
                comfort level set to the console for the respective thermostat), ECONOMY (setback applies for all registered
                Temperature Zones), or FROST (also applies for all registered thermostats at once)
                9. Enter the time you want the lights to be switched on, or the timed temperature setback has to take place (24
                hour notation). If you make a mistake, press CLEAR. Press ON when you only want to enter the time the lights
                need to be switched on.
                10. Press OK. The display now reads TIMER 12 OFF. The lowest line will read " : ".
                11. Enter the time you want lights to be switched off or the timed temperature setback has to stop. If you make a
                mistake, press CLEAR. Press OK when you do not want to enter a switch-off time.
                12. The bottom line on the display now reads 1. WEEKLY
                13. Use the menu buttons UP/DOWN? to select:
                1. WEEKLY: The timer setting is executed every week.
                2. ONE WEEK: The timer setting is only used one week from today.
                3. RANDOM: The timer setting is executed weekly, but varies within the hour entered (if you entered
                20:30, the time may vary between 20:00 and 20:59).
                4. ARMED ONLY: The timer setting is only executed when the system is in ARMED AWAY mode.
                14. Make your choice and press OK. The display now reads NEW TIMER.
                15. Press CLEAR again to quit the menu. To confirm your choice, press 1 for Yes or 2 for No. If you choose Yes,
                you will quit the menu. If you choose No, you go back to the first menu item.

Bit of a long post, but I just copied the paragraph from the PDF manual we have.. We are actually in the process of rewriting a lot of it for our own customers. But other companies are just as bad. The Visonic manual is also terrible.
                Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• robinh
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Aug 2007

SC9000 look alike

Your device might be just what I need.

Does it use the Digimax 210?
                  If you are familiar with a normal household thermostat which has a 24/7 timer.
                  I want to be able to be able to set the 210 thermostat so that it can come on and off at different times of the day. In other words on a Monday it must come on to comfort temp at 6am and then go into setback temp at say 10am then come on again to comfort at 1pm and go back into set back at 3pm and so on.
                  Tuesday could be different say come on at 8am etc.
                  This would also be different for each zone depending on how I use that zone on a daily basis.
                  Please can you send me the PDF for your manual.
                  How much does it cost as the SC9000 costs about £88.

Comment

• robinh
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Aug 2007

My E-mail

Hi Toscal

My e-mail address is robinhtemplebar@hotmail.com

Comment

• robinh
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Aug 2007

SC9000 look alike

"The top menu item is always called NEW
                      TIMER, unless all 14 timer points have been set."

This is from your post.

Does this mean you can set 14 times for a thermostat in one day. If so then I can acheive my goal. Does this apply to the SC9000 as well. The previous version of the SC9000 (SC2800) could only handle 2 timed events per day for each module as I understand the manual.

Comment

• toscal
                        • Oct 2005

Hello Robinh just sent an email to you.
                        "If so then I can acheive my goal. Does this apply to the SC9000 as well. The previous version of the SC9000 (SC2800) could only handle 2 timed events per day for each module as I understand the manual." Not too sure
                        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
                        X