• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Roman Blind Automation

Has anyone played with automating roman blinds in a bay window? We have bought some roman blinds made up of three individual blinds for the bay. I would like to automate these.

I know about Somfy, but the complete solution looks quite expensive. I was wondering if their were any other solutions? A tubular motor seems the best bet. Not sure to go with three individual motors or maybe a single motor with say a universal joint to connect the two smaller blinds.

Any thoughts? I already have the ability to control through my Idratek solution.

Paul
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Depending on how your roman blinds actually work will depend on the solution. I have a roman blind, but it has no roller mechanism.
    You could use an add-a-motor 80. Intellihome sells them have a look here
    curtain control
    The Add a motor website.
    For actual roller blind motors you can try MHouse. I've used their gate motors and these are very good. I think their motors are mainly for shutter type blinds. Mhouse
    IF you need any more info or where to buy etc. Just let me know.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Paul_B
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2006

Many thanks for the info Toscal. I am going to wait until the blinds are fitted to see what I can then do with them. The links should prove useful.

Comment

Working...
      X