Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hometronic quick question

Automated Home Jr Member

Default hometronic quick question

Hi! I hope someone out there could answer what's probably a really simple issue.

We have a hometronic HCM200D controller and several HR80 radiator heads. The system as far as I can tell is set up with optimisation enabled for all zones, but the setpoints only ever seem to change dead on time, even if a room is freezing, and you would expect an earlier change...

The HR80s are installed as a room and also as a temperature sensor, so the system can see all the room temps...

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers

Nick

Automated Home Sr Member NeilUK's Avatar

Are your HR80's using V1.1 firmware or V2? If V1.1 then have you changed the room parameters for max & minimum setpoint? If they are left at the defaults of min=5, max=30 then optimisation does not work even when selected. Setting to any values above min and less than max should make optimisation work.

You can check the firmware version by removing the HR80 from it's coupling and briefly pressing the "teach in" button on the base. Should read either V1.01 or V2.00

HTH

Neil B.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks Neil

They are version 2.0 but I have the set points set to 10 and 22. Do you think this could still be the problem?

Cheers

Nick

Maximum & minimum setpoints sound fine and V2 firmware has no reported problems with optimisation. Are you saying that the HR80's are only switching on at the fixed occupancy time regardless of the room temperature/setpoint or is it simply that the HR80 starts heating the room using optimum start but setpoint on the display does not change until the occupancy time is met? If it's the former I'll double check the documentation to see if there is anything else that could prevent optimum start, if it's the latter it will be a "feature" of the system. I can also post the question to Honeywells Hometronic project team in Germany once I know exactly what the issue is.

Automated Home Jr Member

as far as i'm aware only switching at the setpoints. Smack on 6pm bathroom will open the valve regardless of temp in the room, which is correctly reported.

Only other thing that we're doing is having bathroom at 17 for most of the day then 21 at 6pm then 17 at 6.45 - so quite a short time.. for example... but most other rooms are more conventional and same problem.

I'm guessing that it is correct to add HR80s to both the zone and as a sensor? Do they need to be added as a setpoint too? I have one that has done this somehow but doesn't seem to reflect in the setpoint on the HCM if changed on the HR80 anyway...

Cheers

Nick

The HR80 only needs to be bound to the room under heating/cooling for the module to work correctly. Binding as a room sensor allows you to read back the temperature at the HCM200D.

If you have more than 1 HR80 in a room then only 1 can be used as a sensor, and this sensor is used to control all HR80s in that room i.e. it disables the internal sensor from being used by these HR80s.

It should not be possible to bind an HR80 as a setpoint adjuster so it could be something has not worked correctly in the binding for that room. Here it would be best to deinstall the setpoint adjuster and room sensor & rebind.

Could you set up some tests and note the operation? You could use an occupied setpoint that is much higher than normal and check that the actual temperature is some way beloew this before the occupied time is reached. You can then check to see if the HR80 allows the radiator to be heated before occupancy time is reached and note the room temperature response as well.

In the meantime I will ask the project team if there are any circumstances that would prevent optimum start from activating and report back.

Automated Home Jr Member

will do some tests and report the results... many thanks for the help!

Nick

Can you also check the firmware version of the HCM200D for me as well please.

Automated Home Jr Member

As far as I'm aware it's version 6. Only 1 month old. HR80s were previously attached to a CM67z, but have all been factory reset by holding down button while putting in AA batteries...

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

Can you check the firmware version number via the menus on the HCM200D, the project team have asked specifically so this could be important - I think it is under the display menu from memory.