Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hometronic quick question

Automated Home Jr Member

says version P4 V6.0 UK

Unit number 01-021817

Automated Home Sr Member NeilUK's Avatar

Thanks Nick, I'll let you know what comes back from Germany in a day or so.

Have now been asked for the date of the firmware! Can you record all of the details off the firmware page, hopefully they will not ask for anything else before giving me some answers!!

Heard back from Germany today. They set up a HCM200D and HR80s with the same firmware as your units. They set up a simple time profile where the occupied temperature was 24 degrees at 10am and the setback was 16 degrees. Left the system in setback overnight and this morning the HR80s all came on at 9:30am i.e. a 30 minute optimum start. They sugest trying something similar where the occupied temperature is much higher than normal in 2 or 3 zones so that the system needs to start much earlier to reach setpoint. You will then get a clear indication of whether optimisation is working.

HTH

Sorry, forgot to add that the HR80s display changes to show the new setpoint at the beginning of optimum start so in the example above the displays show 24 degrees at 9:30.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks! For some reason the forum didin't email me that updates had happened hence delay.. not sure if still relevant but the firmware date is 22 Nov 2004...

Do you think it would affect optimisation if the period that the HR80 is set to be a high temp is short? i.e.

10.00 - 17deg
    18.30 - 21deg - this is one that always seems to start dead on
    19.00 - 18deg
    22.00 - 20deg
    23.00 - 17deg

I would not have thought that the short occupancy period should have made any difference but why not try making it an hour or two and see what happens. How quickly do the rooms warm up and what is the temperature just prior to the occuapation period. It could be that there is no attempt at optimisation if either the actual temp is close to the required temp or if the warm up is very rapid. I've not actually seen the code so cannot be certain, I'm basing this in experience of other system that use self-adaptive fuzzy logic optimum start algorithms like those used in Hometronic.

Automated Home Jr Member

will give it a go... also I suppose the other thought on that one is if the room has NEVER reached that temp? seems unlikely but is a bathroom with towel radiator which are less output.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdenker View Post
    will give it a go... also I suppose the other thought on that one is if the room has NEVER reached that temp? seems unlikely but is a bathroom with towel radiator which are less output.
    I'd definately check the actual room temps in that case - although the HR80's are self-adaptive this only works if the measured response is within certain boundaries. If the actual response is outside of these parameters then the adaption cannot work. I suppose this may disable optimisation although it could just have easily set optimisation to the maximum 3 hour preheat. It would be good to hear the results of your tests.

Automated Home Jr Member

Sorry not got back yet not managed to get definitive result as yet... One other thing I noticed and I'm guessing this is just "because"... if you set an HR80 manually, and you only have one setpoint per day - which in this case is 17deg at 23:00, just to make sure one room never stays on for more than the day, then as the setpoint HASN'T changed on the HCM it doesn't see to reset the HR80 back to 17 at 23:00... I'm guessing a workaround would be 22:58 to 18deg!?