Thread: worcester greenstar 30 cdi

Automated Home Lurker

Default worcester greenstar 30 cdi

Im going to replace exhisting gravity fed boiler with worcester greenstar 30 cdi.Im taking out the old boiler and changing some of the exhisting pipework to accomadate the worcester.In manual it says if the system is more than 100 ltrs or has a pressure of more than 2.65 bar an extra expansion tank must be fitted onthe return.Without emptying the system in this weather idont know how to calculate the capacity any ideas. Also what size expansion vessel do i need to fit if its needed.

modem

i wouldn't have thought you need an extra vessel, unless you live in a very large house or castle.

how old are the radiators?

you will find it better in the long run, stripping out and starting again with new rads and pipework.

Automated Home Lurker

Hello sunbeam 6 radiators and 75% of the pipework is new in last 2 years .It only means pulling out the old boiler and extending about a metre on the flow ,return and cold inlet and hot to taps, gas is all in 22mm and nearly in the same place also add pressure release pipework from boiler.

the boiler will be fine without the extra vessel

Automated Home Lurker

Sunbeam just to let you know i spoke to worcester bosch .They said i should not need one because being it is a combi it already has one in it which we know . Went to plumbing merchant this morning they say it should have another in the return . I looked up the instalation page on worcester web site and on page 11 it says it should have.If you have 5 mins spare could you have a look at there web site and let me know how you translate page 11 would be most appreciated ,cos im confused. Worcester greenstar combi 30 cdi. thanks.

Hi modem,

Can’t download the hand book as yet, having a bit of trouble wit tinternet,

as soon as I do I’ll let you know,

but I can’t say as I’ve ever or known anyone fitting an extra vessel on the return.

Automated Home Lurker

HI sunbeam thanks for your reply i will wait hoping to hear back from you thanks once again.

if your system has under 10 rads then it will be ok,

even on a 12 rad system i would still not be inclined to fit one,

anything over 10 or 12 rads then put the extra vessel on.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks sunbeam will let you know how things work out. Have not started changeover yet due to the weather will be in next week to ten days new boiler looks quite nice in the lounge at moment.