• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rocketron204
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2007

X10 Thermostat control

Is it possible to "read" the temperature or get a signal from a Digimax 210 thermostat into a home automation program?
    I don't want to use a RCS TXB16 X10 Bi-Directional Thermostat as they are too expensive.

Would it be possible to use a Digimax 210 Thermostat and software (harmony or something similar) to control the heating.
    I don't want to use a Sc2800 or similar, I don't want the expense if I can use a program and it should be more flexible

I can program so if the software and digimax allows it it shouldn't be a problem

I have also posted this on the heating forum
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

You can use Homeseer and the RFXCOM interface. www.rfxcom.com
    Or you can use a W800 RF receiver and once again Homeseer.
    W800 is made by WGl designs http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html
    Homeseer website www.homeseer.com
    Both of these should be able to read the DS10 digimax.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Rocketron204
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2007

Thanks for the reply.
      Is it possible to use the X10 usb/pc interface?

Comment

• b_weijenberg
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Sep 2006

Rfxcom

The W800 is can only read the temperature from the Digimax. The Digimax can be used as temperature sensor but a check on valid data can't be done because the lack of parity control.

The RFXCOM receiver is able to receive the temperature, the set point and the parity. With this receiver the Digimax can be used as temperature sensor, thermostat and the software is also able to check the validity of the data using the parity.
        In addition, the RFXCOM receiver is able to receive a lot of Oregon Scientific weather sensors like temperature, humidity, wind speed, UV ....

Comment

Working...
        X