• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimbus
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2007

this cant be true! surely?

went into a shop today which supplies and fits home auto. equipment.
    said to the installer i wanted something to control security and heating not to interested in av (as yet) was told i needed a controller most likely a creston system (this is high end he said) ok so whats the ball park figure for my new build four bed house, around £25000 he said. wasnt to long ago you could build a house for that sum!
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

We fit a wireless security system with built in X10 controller and auto dialer. and has the ability to controll upto 4 heating zones using the Digimax thermostats. Total cost is about a 100th of the crestron system. You can also phone in to the house and switch on the lights and heating.
    The crestron system does have the wow factor with the small touchscreens etc. But you can also do that with many cheaper systems.
    Last edited by toscal; 27 February 2007, 05:55 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Tom-HomeComms
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2007

Yep Crestron could cost you that easily especially if they were including their ridiculous programming costs!
      What sort of price are you actually looking at?

Comment

• nimbus
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Tom-HomeComms View Post
        Yep Crestron could cost you that easily especially if they were including their ridiculous programming costs!
        What sort of price are you actually looking at?
        well tom the thing is im really interested in security and heating intergration with the ability to controle it while away from home all the av and lighting stuff is simply add-ons for a later date, not counting the cabeling i was hoping to do it for around the 2K mark

Comment

• Tom-HomeComms
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2007

Ok! What type of heating system are you having??

Comment

• nimbus
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Feb 2007

wet underfloor

Comment

Working...
            X