• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike54
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2007

Activehome Pro UK Version

Hi Everyone
    I've been using X10 for sometime I've tried Active home, Homeseer and am currently using Harmony.

Recenly I've seen a lot of ads for the USA version of Activehome PRO their ad states that it requires a CM15A. The software looks good particlarly with the macro functions.

Does anyone know if this software can be used with CM11 or CM12 or infact any UK equipment?

Failing that is there a UK equilivent of the CM15A?

Finally has anyone bought and used this new software & is it any good?.

I'd be very greatful for your views

Mike54
  • mike54
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2007

I have now emailed Marmitek in NL,"Apparently" they are a distributor for Activehome Pro. I have asked them if they are able to supply either or both the CM15A & the Activehome Pro software.

I have also emailed Kevin Lo (A manafacturer/distributor based in the Far East) of many X10 & X10Two products. He says he is currently experimenting with 110v to 240v conversion of a CM15A and will keep me posted.

Mike54

Comment

• mike54
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2007

And this is what Marmitek had to say.

Dear Sir or Madam,
      The CM15 is not available in Europe at this moment
      Best regards,
      Expert in: Smart home ✓ Draadloos tv kijken ✓ Bluetooth adapter ✓ IR extenders ✓ HDMI switches ✓ Compleet assortiment ✓ Koop nu!

So eloquoent!
      Why not add your voice, by emialing them
      contact;

support_1@marmitek.com

Mike54
      March 7th 2007

Comment

Originally posted by mike54 View Post
        Hi Everyone
        I've been using X10 for sometime I've tried Active home, Homeseer and am currently using Harmony.

Recenly I've seen a lot of ads for the USA version of Activehome PRO their ad states that it requires a CM15A. The software looks good particlarly with the macro functions.

Does anyone know if this software can be used with CM11 or CM12 or infact any UK equipment?
        I think ActiveHome Pro will not work with CM11A. I have tried but It did nothing.

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

From what I have been able to find out about the CM15A is that its a combined PLC and RF interface so it is possible to send or receive either PLC X10 commands or X10 RF commands and has a bigger memory. It also has upgradable firmware. Don't know if this is a feature that will get used though.
          The unit is USB so if you have a CM11 with a serial interface cable it will probably not work with Active Home Pro. But it might work if you have the USB cable. You may need to install either the Cm11 USB drivers or the ones for the CM15. I'm just guessing really.
          Had a look at a few forums about the CM15. There seems to be a lot of problems some of them similar to the CM11. Also there seems to be range issues with the RF.
          IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• oldbakelite
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Apr 2007

Hi have you are anyone else found a good place to buy a CM15A that will work in the UK ?
            Classic Telephones

Comment

Unfortunately, CM15A does not work in Europe and ActiveHomePro is availble in the US and Canada only.

However, it you want to use Cm15A, you can consult this site http://www.integratorsforum.com/arch...hp?t-1101.html and use
              Cm15A with HomeZIX.

If you want to use X10 wireless, you should visit this site http://www.rfxcom.com/index.htm

Comment

• CWatters
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2006

Out of interest... Do any other programs support macros with the CM11?

I'm just starting with ActiveHome and it seems like such a useful feature I just assumed that other programs could do it.

Comment

• Draz
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by CWatters View Post
                  Out of interest... Do any other programs support macros with the CM11?

I'm just starting with ActiveHome and it seems like such a useful feature I just assumed that other programs could do it.
                  I've been using xPL for about 3 years now. I use it for all my X10 control, but it can do much more. Best of all its free and has one of the best communities for help and support I've ever come across. The only downside is it needs a permanently on PC as it does not use any of a CM12's memory. It's scripting and macro functions are all you could ever need.

See http://wiki.xplproject.org.uk/index.php/Main_Page.

Comment

Working...
                  X