• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dowelly
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2007

Velux Roof Lights

All,

I would be grateful if someone could please advise me whether you have installed a cbus connection to open roof lights via a temperature sensor. ie when our upstairs landing reaches 25c the two roof lights open and then close when the temperature drops below that level.

I understand that Velux provide an interface called the wlf111 and that external control devices can interface with it.

Has anyone had much luck with it.

Many thanks
  • davew1962
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2007

We have installed 13 electric Velux over 2yrs ago.
    They are linked to a velux module and then cbus.

At the moment 2 integrator have not managed to achieve any functions via cbus.

Apparently it is possible to do an all open or all close but when you want to start doing individual operations as you want each motor needs to be directly connected to a cbus relay.
    Dave

Comment

• nickgale
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2005

We are currently working on a project that will involve many velux windows and we are interfacing them to a Dynalite control system. This is how I understand it - you will need a WLF111 per set of windows you want to control i.e. if there are three rooms with 2 windows per room you'll need three WLF111 or one WLF111 if all you want to do is have a global open and close for the house.

You then connect the inputs of the WLF to a relay (CBus, Dynalite, EIB, etc.) either two pairs or a single changeover per WLF. The WLF can also control an external shutter and an internal blind on each window but you'll need more relay contacts if you want to do this.

I have the manual for the WLF111 but as with all Velux manuals it's all pictures.... Best advice (as we will be doing shortly) is buy one, hook it up a window and try shorting unputs!

HTH

Nick

Comment

• Dowelly
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Mar 2007

Nick,

many thanks for your comments. I thought as much that this would be the approach, though having a professional confirming this is great.

Please do keep me in touch with your progress as I would love to hear about any problems that you encounter with this approach.

Good luck and many thanks again.

Comment

• SiliconPixel
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • May 2007

Isn't the WLF111 used for the older electric roof lights? I've not seen one of these, so maybe it's also compatible with the new windows but WIRED?

The newer Integra rooflights use the IO Home Control secure wireless system. The WIRELESS interface unit for this is the KLF 100. This unit allows ONE product or product group to be controlled (it has a switch input that allows up/down operation). I think the WLF111 has the capability to control 3 windows/products? (I had a look at the PDF for the WLF111 and it seems like you need to install an additional sensor of some sort to the window if using an Integra?).

Dpwnside of the KLF100 is that you need one unit per function to be controlled.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
          X