Which tradesman(person!!) for running cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noel-pilot
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • May 2005

Which tradesman(person!!) for running cables?

Hi all,
    my local handyman of choice is being a bit slow (nearly six weeks now) in giving me a quote for running some cables around my lounge. Minimal damage as possible to walls etc etc

So i want to have a look for some other quotes but wasn't sure what trade to look for? electrician, builder....?!

Any ideas, basically i need cables to go from one corner of my lounge to the other access via under the bedroom floor i think, and also cables from lounge to loft.

thanks in advance

noel
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Noel

Try our Installer Database...

Select your area and Structured Cabling.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

DIY ?

I did my place like this (although I've not finished cabling all the rooms yet).
      I hired a wall chaser (like this: http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp...ll-Chaser-110v) cut the walls with this and chiselled out the waste myself. I then fitted trunking into the slot and ran the cables through. I did get a plasterer to fill the chases once I was done, but only really 'cos he was already there doing some other things for us. Beware though, the wall chaser makes loads of dust.

Lifting the floor wasn't *too* bad as our house has the 2'x8' chipboard sheets although if you've got proper floorboards it would take you a bit longer.

Depening on the routing and distance, and hence how many floorboards would need to be lifted and joists drilled through, you're looking at maybe 3 days work to get it done, plus a bit more materials. I assume you'll supply the cable.

There's some of my photos in the UKHA_D photos area (I keep meaning to write all this up properly...). Just shout if you need any more info

HTH,

Tim.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
      X