• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2007

Honeywell Programmer problem

Hello

I have a Honeywell st712 heating system programmer and it keeps cutting out so I have to keep pressing the reset button to get it to work again. My Potterton Suprima boiler seems to be working fine when the programmer is on. I'm not sure if I should just fit a new programmer or if there maybe something else that's causing this problem.

Any advise??

Thanks
    Ray
  • sunbeam
    • Feb 2006

do you have to press the reset button on the boiler?

if so it's the circuit board, your as well getting potterton round to do it,

about £250.00 + vat.

i can't say as i've ever known a reset button on a clock,

Comment

• Ray
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2007

No, it's not the reset button on the boiler, it's the reset button on the actual clock programmer Honeywell ST712.

The programmer turns itself off after about 15 - 30 mins and I have to press the reset button and set the clock and re-program again.

Comment

• sunbeam
        • Feb 2006

sorry Ray,

if the central heating and hot water work ok when the programmer has tripped then it's new programmer time,

if the central heating and hot water don't then it could be something else.

Comment

• Ray
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2007

Thanks for the advice Sunbeam,

I installed a new programmer and it's done the trick! yippie!

Honeywell don't make the ST712 model anymore so I got the ST6400C model off an eBay shop for £29. It's actually a better model with more functionality and it fits the ST712 backplate so there was no messy re-wiring to do!

Cheers
          Ray

Comment

Working...
          X