• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gherkin
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2007

Newbie Question I'm afraid

Hi all

Got a bit of a question about home automation. Firstly I used to be quite into back 1999/2000 (however I never got to do anything about it as I didn't own a property - I just rented), now I have got onto the property ladder and and looking to dabble a bit in it. Nothing major just a few things that would be interesting.

One of these items is the heating system. I'm wondering if its possible to have a one thermostat that can control the warmth of a room individually rather than bringing on the heating, warming the entire house. I have seen a couple of Programmable Thermostat's however I'm not quite sure how the raditors (I'm not using underfloor heating just the conveiental radiator) would interact as they obvioulsy need to be independant of the boiler system (if that makes sense).

I would be most grateful if someone would be able to point me the right direction.

many thanks in advance
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have a look at the Honeywell Hometronic system.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

As toscal suggests Hometronic wireless radiator valves and controls might suit you well. But if you want to dabble further and noting your location is Nothumberland (we're in Newcastle) you'd be welcome to drop in for a chat.

Karam
      IDRATEK LTD

Comment

• gherkin
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Apr 2007

Thanks guys, having just had a quick glance at the Honeywell system I very interested in that, Karam where abouts in Newcastle are you based as if I'm down that neck of the woods (more than likely if the missus wants to take a trip to Ikea) I might just have to pop in.

Comment

• Paul_B
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2006

Gherkin,

I have the Idratek system for my HA and would no hesitation in recommending them. They are incredibly helpful and supportive.

Paul

Comment

• Karam
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2005

Gherkin,

Incase like me you sometimes forget to check your PM - we're near the riverside just south of the Byker wall. If you would like to pop in then send me an e-mail beforehand (see below) and we can arrange to meet up.

Karam
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X