• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimbo
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jun 2004

Z-Wave Info

Guys,

FYI: I have been in direct contact with zwave for over 6 months now, my main contact being Chris Johnson. They do not sell zwave devices direct, just the zwave modules, and as such its only 3rd party device developers which will supply products for home use.

The last i heard on the UK units was that there were a number of interested parties (including ACT) who would produce UK spec devices. I have obtained a number of device "samples" from ACT of which Mark McCall is now the happy owner of some of them.

I also purchased at great expense a developers kit from zensys direct which allows software and to a limited extent hardware development.
    I was planning on adding zwave support to AutoM8it, but since the problems with Uk supply etc, i have shelved the project for now.

ACT we happy to sell me UK spec units if i would fork out around £60,000 for a production run. Obviously i wasnt that keen on this.

The development kit is interesting, but not of much use in the UK market
    without devices, I still have a remote and some lamp modules, and the development kit contrains, CD's with docs and code and 2 development zwave boards which plug directly into the PC serial port.

If anyone wants to know any more give me a shout.

Cheers

Jim
  • Wolfthing
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2004

Re: Z-Wave Info

Jimbo (of AutoM8it?) your site is still telling surfers...

"We are expecting the first UK (CE approved) production shipments of z-wave devices in Q2 2004"
    I'm assuming from your post this is not the case.

Are you still planning on getting some stock in? Or is the minimum order really £60k!

Get in touch with LetsAutomate, when I was talking with a (very helpful) chap there, he was talking of getting a group of suppliers together and splitting a "minimum run".

Comment

• Trident
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jul 2004

Hi,

Is there any software around for the USB-controller that could run on Linux (sourcecode, API' etc).

Jimbo, whats in the SDK ??

Regards,
      Trident

Comment

• resnik
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2005

I am curios what's in the SDK. Is it OK if I ask for the ON/OFF protocol commands?

Comment

• pisoiu
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Apr 2005

Hi guys,
          I have a zwave devkit, and I am planning to develop access systems based on this sollution. Perhaps I am blind, but I cannot find anywhere the documentations for 8051 chip. I want to build the application using assembly. Can anyone give me some hints? Thanks.

/pisoiu

Comment

• v8dave
            • Mar 2024

Do you know which manufacturer the 8051 is from?
            There is loads of 8051 stuff on the net. Do a simple search on the 8051 on google and you will find loads. Atmel do 8051 based CPUs as do Philips and others.

Why use assembly these days? Why not use C as there are loads of C compilers for the 8051 and some are pretty good at code optimisation. A lot quicker to develop and maintain. Just my opinion.!!!

Hope this helps
            Dave...

Originally posted by pisoiu
            Hi guys,
            I have a zwave devkit, and I am planning to develop access systems based on this sollution. Perhaps I am blind, but I cannot find anywhere the documentations for 8051 chip. I want to build the application using assembly. Can anyone give me some hints? Thanks.

/pisoiu

Comment

Working...
            X