How to get cheap X10 2 wire (no neutral) backbox dimmer modules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scr321
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2006

How to get cheap X10 2 wire (no neutral) backbox dimmer modules?

How do I get X10 2 wire (no neutral) backbox dimmers cheaply? Or convert them from US ones?

I want to use MK Logic Plus master grid switches, because that's what's everywhere else in the house.

Any ideas? Maybe from one of the chinese manufacturers?

Also, what about where there are two switched circuits in the back box - can you fit 2 of these modules?

Stephen
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I have also sent you a PM.
    While many people have succesfully converted 110 X10 to 220 spec modules, it sometimes isn't as cheap as it looks. add the cost of the parts and possibilities of import duty. Also if a module arrives faulty you will need to send it back. Though with the pound at around the 2 dollar mark it may be worth chancing.
    For the other questions. Make sure the switches are momentary.
    The "what about where there are two switched circuits in the back box - can you fit 2 of these modules?" that depends on the size of the backbox these modules are 17mm deep. Also these modules do not send out any kind of status response. So it is not possible to know if a module is on or off, when switched locally, if you plan to control them via some kind of intelligent X10 controller.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• scr321
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2006

CE Approved £20 for single circuit, £25 for two load, £12 delivery

Comment

Working...
      X