• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shahbaz
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2007

Wall Plates For Power, Network and TV?

Hi all,

Is it possible to buy wall plates that have two power sockets, two RJ45 sockets and two coaxial sockets all built into the same plate? I am based in London so could wonder down to a shop if someone knows a shop rather than an online retailer?

Thanks in advance!

Shahbaz
  • nickgale
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2005

MK make such a plate in their Edge range, two twin 13A sockets plus Euro module "holes" - just add the right number of euro modules, cat 5, Coax, F connector, etc.. They call them Combination plates. You may need a second mortage to buy them however...... They need special backboxes in the wall to provide rhe necessary segregation.

HTH

Nick

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Shahbaz View Post
      Is it possible to buy wall plates that have two power sockets, two RJ45 sockets and two coaxial sockets all built into the same plate? I am based in London so could wonder down to a shop if someone knows a shop rather than an online retailer?
      Shahbaz,

You could do this with floor boxes, the sort of thing you find in offices etc.
      e.g. http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...xes/index.html

TLC have branches ("trade counters") all over the country

HTH,

Tim.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

• TimH
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by nickgale View Post
        MK make such a plate in their Edge range
        I really like this solution, the Edge brochure is here: http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/PDF/technical/EDGE_prod.pdf

Cheers,

Tim.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

• vex
          Automated Home Guru
          • Feb 2005

Legrand were the first to do this taking 6, 8, 12 and 18 modules, but just about everyone is offering them in a range of sizes and finishes.

We offer custom modules for both Legrand and (MK Style) Euromod plates. Speakers, F's, Phono and 3.5mm Jack terminals are all available.
          www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
          NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• Shahbaz
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jan 2007

Thanks for the responses guys. I have decided to go with Leviton single gang UK face plates and leaving the power points as they are. Before I commit to purchase, I just need to make sure that there are no single gang wall plates with two TV sockets and two cat6 sockets available.

Comment

• toscal
              • Oct 2005

Have a look at the range Lets Automate do http://www.letsautomate.com/index.cfm?&Nav=Walloutlets&
              IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
              Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Shahbaz
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Jan 2007

Cheers toscal - this is exactly where I have been looking. For some reason they seem a little pricey for Leviton modules compared to some US retailers. I also read the wiring guide on this website in which that person used Clipsal. I thought I had decided on Leviton but after working out the price per outlet (2 UHF + 2 Cat6 + Plate) I am starting to have doubts.

Bad thing is I have got to the point where everything is now wired and I have even installed single gang metal boxes so am now restricted to single gang UK face plates. I have seen a number of places selling "Keystone" modules at good prices but cannot seem to locate anywhere that sells UK Keystone faceplates to go on a standard UK metal box? Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I stuck between making a decision between Clipsal and Leviton from letsautomate?

Comment

• TimH
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2004

You could commission a small engineering firm to laser-cut / drill some blank plates to your specification. Probably not worth it for plastic faceplates but if you're using the flat metal faceplates it might be an option.

I've made my own custom faceplates like this with F-plus & speaker sockets.

HTH,

Tim.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                  X