• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amx
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2007

PIR Floodlight

Hi,
    I wondered if anyone knows of a PIR Floodlight that would work with the Lamp Module?
    Thanks
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

What do you actually want to achieve. Is it gradual brightening of the light when the pir is triggered, and then gradual dimming to off at some time later.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• amx
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2007

I just want it to work as normal but be able to use the lamp module to manually turn it off and on and dim it, I probably should of just got the appliance module but i liked the idea of being able to dim it.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

All lamp modules (except the plug in type) require a momentary switch. Single press will normally give either Full on or On to last setting. Most these days do what is called a soft start so gradually come on. Then another single press will give you Off. Hold ing the switch on will let you select the desired level and will gradually go to full brightness then gradually dim down and cycle through that if you keep the button pressed. I think if you tried an wired up your PIR to a lamp module this latter effect is what would happen. With the Lamp cycling to full brightness then dimming to zero then up again etc. Another way round this would be to use an MS13E X10 wireless PIR motion sensor, a TM13 X10 RF transceiver and a lamp module. You would set the the PIR so when it is triggered to turn on the lamp module for x number of minutes. Then after x minutes it would turn it off again. You would also get full control of the lamp by sending X10 commands to it directly. ie A3 On would turn it on, A3 DIM would dim it down one level. The only problem with this is that if you turned the lamp on and the PIR is then triggered the lamp would turn off x minutes later. It is possible to get arround this but it would require some sort of X10 controller such as an Ocelot or HomeVison. So if the lamp is already on when the PIR is triggered it won't try and switch it on then x minutes later switch it off.
        Lets Automate sell both www.letsautomate.com/index.cfm?&Nav=X10&
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

You can also co-operate X10 sensors and appliance modules by using software that can help you create macros. When a sensor trigger, the macro will turn on, turn off or dim the module.

Comment

Working...
          X