X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Wireless Intercom/Access System Needed

I've been asked to look into a wireless access sytem for 84 dwellings. Some are grouped as 4 semi detached town houses and others are small detached and semi detached villas.
    They have a gate entry system, but at the moment there is no way of knowing if a caller has arrived. The caller has to call via their mobile the person they wish to see. So hence the wireless intercom/ access system. The system needs to be wireless as a cabled system would cause to much disruption to the comunity, and probably cost more to install.
    Does any one have any ideas. I have seen a system by Daitem, but thats about it.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • vex
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2005

One saying springs to mind Toscal - 'Rare as rocking horse sh*t'

Personal systems are available from GET with video as well, but I have never seen a wireless system for that number of apartments.

Do they need video? or Audio only. If audio only then you could probably do something with GSM entrance panels call thier standard land lines or mobiles.

I am off to IFSEC here in the UK next week, I'll have a look for you.
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Hi Vex,
      Your not wrong about the rocking horse stuff.
      The main problem is not all dwellings have a phone or mobile and some get rented out for the holidays. Plus someone on the comunity would need to take charge of topping up the GSM card. Or pay company a service fee (yes please), not very likely. It took 3 years for them to agree on an automatic gate system.
      The system from Daitem looks like it fits the bill, but I would need 2 systems as one system can only do about 50 or 60 dwellings. So far its the top contender, and they have been very helpful in answering my questions etc.
      They need just audio, and the base station unit needs to have some form of contact closure to open the gates etc.
      Many thanks for your help.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• vex
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2005

Toscal,

I had a good look around Ifsec this week but could not see anything that would do.

The one you have found was the only name that came up talking to another door entry distributor.

Sorry I could not bring you any better news.
        www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
        NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

Many thanks for your help Vex.
          I must say Daitem have been very helpful and have come up with a solution. I did find another one but this was for a maximum of 30 dwellings as was the same price as the Daitem for 84 dwellings.
          Once again many thanks.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Home IQ
            Automated Home Lurker
            • May 2007

Diatem

Hello Toscal, i can recommend Diatem 100%, used them for around 6 years for there wireless intercom systems, not as large as your project i must say, but for reliability and ease of use they are extremely good, you can also use some form of reed switch to show wether the gates/doors are open or shut on each of the handsets in the residents properties.

Carl

Comment

• TimH
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2004

Toscal,

I wonder if you could configure something with these units and powerline networking modules. You'd use the existing power cabling to each dwelling as the network cable and have one of these in each house/flat.

and/or

The only problem I can see is the one at the gate will only talk to 8 other units (i.e. dwellings). Maybe Barix could offer some custom firmware? or you have 10 units at the gate, etc.

HTH,

Tim.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

• toscal
                • Oct 2005

I did initially think about using a Barix system with a Wifi link, or cables.
                But gave up as it started to get too complicated to achieve in an easy to use package. And I'm all for the keep it simple method.
                Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
                X