Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V3 Screenshots..

Automated Home Jr Member

Default V3 Screenshots..

OK.. not going to do a lot at once.. one every few days for a while which will allow for any discussion along the way..

What you see here is an "Application Log". The log shows activity that occurs on the selected Application on the Bus. Lighting in this case.. it chronologically details activity that has occured on the Application. The Date/Time, Activity, Generating Unit, Unit Address and Unit Type are shown. This will hopefully be a good debugging/diagnostics aid for installers, I'm sure you've all come across situations where you'd love to know WHY a specific load came on, or went off. The Application Log will give you the insight into what's happening on the Bus.

Double Clicking on an event will load the User Interface for the Unit that generated the selected event. As you can see above a "KEYM8" or 8 Gang Neo generated the displayed events.
    Cheers,

Duncan Margetts
    Clipsal Integrated Systems.

Personal Blog http://www.duncanmargetts.com/blog/

Views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Clipsal Integrated Systems.

Automated Home Jr Member Stubbs's Avatar

Default Re: V3 Screenshots..

Proboaly not the discussion you were thinking of, but what on earth are rumpus lights?

:-)

Automated Home Guru FrankMcAlinden's Avatar

Rumpus room is a play room for the kids ;-) Havent you got one for bubs!

Frank

Automated Home Jr Member Stubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMcAlinden
    Rumpus room is a play room for the kids ;-) Havent you got one for bubs!
    ah! No, the house isn't big enough for a dedicated play room!!

Duncan - is there someway of identifying the input unit when de-bugging? I seem to remember Jason Gerard talking about some way of making the LEDs on a Neo for example flash on and off so you could find it.

Thanks for the screen shot, keep 'em coming

M.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Mate
    Duncan - is there someway of identifying the input unit when de-bugging? I seem to remember Jason Gerard talking about some way of making the LEDs on a Neo for example flash on and off so you could find it.

M.
    Yep, an Identify function has been added.. it works with all units, Key Units get their LED's flashed. Output units get their two C-Bus Status LED's toggled.. PIR's, Temp Sensors etc will have their LED's flashed.
    Cheers,

Duncan Margetts
    Clipsal Integrated Systems.

Personal Blog http://www.duncanmargetts.com/blog/

Views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Clipsal Integrated Systems.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Mate

M.
    Whats wrong with making the Lad run all the way to the opposite end of the building and getting him to ring you on his mobile when something happens

On a job this week, we layed everything out on office floor, programmed it all up, stuck dymo labels to the back of each one, then did the install.

Not sure i fancy doing that with more than a dozen bits though...

Dean.
    ----------------
    CIS Integrator
    www.rolec.net
    ----------------

With 'history' now being visible within the C-Bus app is it intended (or desireable for any reason beyond this) to have the application running constantly monitoring the network ??

Kevin

Automated Home Jr Member

Duncan

Will V3 give any extra functionality when programming such as better use of logic? Or is it just (and I don't mean to use that word lightly) a total redesign of the programming interface?
    Cheers,

Stephen Jones
    i-Home Ltd
    www.i-home.co.uk
    CIS Integrator

Duncan - any new shots for us this week?

M.