Thread: Scart Switching

Default Scart Switching

Hey Keith,

OK, so I have converted my installation to a multidrop and am now having problems with scart switching.

I have a Mk2 AVTX going to a Mk2 AVRXU which then goes to a Mk1 AVRX.

All is working well except for scart switching that has stopped since I added the new receiver. For example, whilst watching my TV on an analogue TV channel (not via the KAT5) I used to be able to press my SKY button and it would then automatically switch the TV to the KAT5 unit on SCART1.

Since adding the second receiver and changing the Mk2 RX to RXU, pressing the SKY button does nothing. I have to dig out the TV remote and change it manually. This is the same for the TV upstairs.

I have rechecked SW1 and nothing has been changed, all I did what switch all the switches on SW2 and SW3. I knew the Mk1 AVRX was terminated so I didn't change anything on that.

Any ideas ? It's driving us mad. The current setup is extremely none SWMBO friendly and she's not a happy bunny.

Unfortunately our CCTV system is on the old analogue channels so we need to be able to switch.

Any help appreciated

Marc

Hi Marc,

I will do some testing and get back to you ASAP.

Regards

Keith
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv

thanks Keith, appreciated !

Regards

Marc

Bump. Any luck Keith ?

Cheers

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

OK, so I have converted my installation to a multidrop and am now having problems with scart switching.

I have a Mk2 AVTX going to a Mk2 AVRXU which then goes to a Mk1 AVRX.

All is working well except for scart switching that has stopped since I added the new receiver. For example, whilst watching my TV on an analogue TV channel (not via the KAT5) I used to be able to press my SKY button and it would then automatically switch the TV to the KAT5 unit on SCART1.

Since adding the second receiver and changing the Mk2 RX to RXU, pressing the SKY button does nothing. I have to dig out the TV remote and change it manually. This is the same for the TV upstairs.

I have rechecked SW1 and nothing has been changed, all I did what switch all the switches on SW2 and SW3. I knew the Mk1 AVRX was terminated so I didn't change anything on that.

Any ideas ?
    Hi Marc,

Just re-read this more closely and now know what the problem is.

A Mk2 receiver if switched to unterminated mode DOES NOT have IR or SCART Switching capability. This is mentioned in the user guide in the section on Multidrop.

There are a couple of ways in which your problem can be sorted. Please contact me by email keith at kat5 dot tv with a phone number so we can discuss the options.

Regards

Keith
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv

Hey Keith,

Oh ok, excellent. I've just got back of holiday so will drop my number to you shortly.

Thanks

Marc

Hey Keith,

Dunno if you got my email or not, or if I missed your call, but still stuck with this problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Marc