X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

X10 Digimax control

We are in the process of re-writing the manual we use with our Home protector consoles. These consoles are similar to the SC9000 but basically in a different box.
    And there is a section on the Digimax thermostats.
    So I thought that as a few of you have been having problems with getting these to work that I would post here what we have found during the re-writing process.
    What the console manual says is that if the console is on A then the first digimax transmits on B13 so the second would transmit on B14. And if you look in the DIGIMAX manual it states that its B1 for the first thermostat and B2 for the second etc. So we are wondering if there is a typo in one of the manuals.
    When we have time we will check what is correct, and post our finding here. Can any one else confirm if its either B1 or B13 if the console is on house code A.

Just thought this might be useful to report this now and possibly save some head scratching during the install.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Update on the Digimax

Just been playing with a console and digimax 210.
    I set the console to house code E and unit 1
    So in theory the console should now issue an F13 On when the temperature drops, below the comfort level. And we got an F13 ON and when the temperature was reached we got an F13 OFF.
    Also there is no need to set the temperature on the Digimax itself. As its done in the console. We discovered this when I set the digimax to 21 hoping it would send an F13 OFF but it only sent this when I set the comfort temp in the console.
    Hope this helps and let me know if this works with the SC9000.
    The consoles we use are actually labeled SC9100 on the back.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• wywywywy
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2005

Hi,

I also have been playing around, but my SC9000 has NEVER issued any messages triggered by the Digimax!

I used Homeseer to sniff the X10 network for 3 days, and nothing on the B house code has ever been issued.

The console is set to A, and it can trigger lights on/off correctly.

My console says SC9000, not 9100 at the back... if it makes a difference?

Thanks.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

What temperature settings do you have in the SC9000 for Comfort, Economy and Frost.
        Also I take it you have already assigned the digimax to a zone in the SC9000.
        If not Go to menu option 1 and press ok then press + and - together on the digimax, It can take several seconds. When we tried it it took 30 seconds the first time and 10 seconds the second time.
        Another thing is have you assigned any timers to a thermostat. As there also seems to be a comfort setting for a timed event as well. Will confirm this in a few days.
        Last edited by toscal; 9 August 2007, 05:59 PM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• wywywywy
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2005

Comfort, economy and frost? I only have comfort?

And yea the stat is assigned to zone 1.

How do you mean by assigning a timer to the stat?

Thanks.

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

When you registered the digimax did the words THST 1 SET come up on the LCD display or Zone x set with x being the zone number.
            If it did then its registered.
            When you are in menu 7 options, there is the sub menu Set Comfort press OK then you get Comfort 1, Economy and Frost settings. Check the comfort temp setting and see what temp you have in here, also check the others just in case there is a conflict.

The fact that you have asked "How do you mean by assigning a timer to the stat?" then I will assume you haven't but if you want to here is how you do it.
            Its possible to assign a timer to your stat. Enter your pin number then go to option 7 Options (either by the up down buttons or press 7) then press 0 (this is a hidden menu) And you get 3 choices. Euro Daily, Euro 7 Day and US Model. When on Euro 7 Day press OK. Then Clear and answer 2.
            Now go to option 9 set timer. press OK (or if you pressed 9 you can ignore the ok) and you should get New timer on the display press ok. You now get 2 options 1. Home Cntrl and 2. Heat / Cool.
            Select 2. And now choose days you do this by using the keypad 1= monday etc. Once you have chosen the days press ok.
            It will now ask you for THST number press 1 and ok. You now get 3 options
            1. Comfort 2. Economy 3.Frost select the one you want and now select the on time and off times.

A quick way to erase all timers is to go to menu 6 then select clear all timers.

As way of some back ground info:
            I have 2versions of the manual for the SC9000 and 2 for the SC9100. All of them show similar things but for some reasons some are more forth coming than others on like setting the Digimax. The Marmitek version is probably the worst version. I have a Spanish version and apart from some really really bad typos and the fact that its 80 pages in length it is possibly the most complete, though the Digimax part isn't as clear as the SC9100 version. And its spread over several non-consecutive chapters.

Anyway I hope this helps you and please don't hesitate to ask if you have more problems and good luck. And we might be able to confirm what codes the SC900 transmits for the Digimax.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• wywywywy
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Dec 2005

Hi,

Just charged the battery and had a go. And I think our units are quite different...

1. When I set the Digimax, it says "STAT 1 SET", not "THST 1 SET".
              2. Under option 7, it says "SETBACK TEMP", not Comfort etc, and there is no submenu.
              3. Pressing 0 in option 7 doesn't give me a hidden menu...

May be mine is an old version??

Thanks.

Comment

• toscal
                • Oct 2005

Thats interesting.
                As X10 Europe claim they are Identical. Oh well.
                What house and unit code does the Stat switch on.
                It could be that the differences between the SC9000 and SC9100 are a little more than just a box, it could also be the software that is a little different also. Or as you say you may have an older version of the software in your unit.
                Last edited by toscal; 13 August 2007, 07:29 PM.
                Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• wywywywy
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Dec 2005

Oh balls! I think I just broke it!
                  Now it won't send any X10 messages at all!!!!

Comment

• toscal
                    • Oct 2005

Try a master reset.
                    Or if all else fails take out the batteries and unplug the power supply, and try again.
                    Good luck
                    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X