Thread: X10 & Homeplug

Automated Home Lurker

Default X10 & Homeplug

Simple question - I hope!

I already use my mains wiring to distribute ethernet / IP using the equipment from Solwise (http://www.solwise.co.uk)

It works really well, and has extended my home network over into an annexe - for which the distance was too great for WiFi, and no existing CAT5 was present.

Anyway, suffice to say I don't want to take my Homeplug 'network' down, but I want to know if going down the X10 path, with Harmony Pro software and a bunch of appliance / lamp modules, I will end up having interference problems.

Has anyone tried the 2 working together? Does it definitely work? Definitely NOT work? Should I consider an alternative for home automation?

Cheers...

Automated Home Lurker

I've been running X-10 for 5 years at my current house, and added a number of Vesenet Homeplug devices from linitx.com this year, and have had no compatibility problems at all.

Automated Home Lurker

That's brilliant - just what I needed to know!

Solwise resell the Vesenet stuff as well (some of my bits are that brand) so that's great.

Automated Home Jr Member

I've had 4 of the Devolo DLAN 200 units working alongside X10 for a couple of months now with no compatibility problems.