• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdw
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2007

I agree it may not applicable in all cases. But it's an option that
    (a) utilises DIN modules as the OP asked
    (b) avoids going into the CU, effectively extending the circuit "close to" the CU
    (c) may be useful to consider in case it is applicable

The OP didn't state the layout of his house or particular areas to use DIN modules, but in my example, the understairs cupboard extends under the landing at the very top of the stairs (if you get my meaning)... so I'm lucky to have easy access to the ceiling void... getting to the 2nd floor would be impossible though, so anything up there would have to have "local control". Similar in my conservatory ... single light circuit feed to a "local" box with DIN rail, dimmer modules, then star-wire out to the 6 light fittings.

As I start on putting in HA-gear to my house, the reaction of potential buyers in the future, and unfamiliar sparks is one reason why I think it's useful to include "back out" in the planning ... but I'm sure we now accept numerous bits of technology in/on our houses which were once considered "unusual" and potentially off-putting to buyers & tradespeople... time, fasions & norms change occasionally...
    Jon

Comment

Working...
    X