• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolfthing
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2004

Who wants Z-Wave? Put your hands up!

I'm interested to gauge the interest in Z-Wave.

I'm convinced that people are not buying Z-Wave, not because they don't like it, but because the future stocking and supply is so, well, limp.
  • Anonymous
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2000

Re: Who wants Z-Wave? Put your hands up!

I am almost done building my home and would love to buy 10-30 wall light switches, and dimmers that would control my whole house fans.
    Wheres the supply?

jbc

Comment

• Wolfthing
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2004

The best supplier I've found so far is http://www.automatedoutlet.com out in Dallas, USA.

Fire off an e-mail to them to check stock availability. Whereas most suppliers I've spoken to give uncertain delivery dates, these chaps at least seem to have a steady flow of UK modules.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with sourcing the light switches as I believe they are rarer than the modules!

You may want to wait until Q4/04 and look out for the http://www.icom-technology.com stuff looks very nice.

Comment

• AutomatedOutlet
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Aug 2004

We're restocked again. I hope the supply gets better in the future.

The best source for smart home automation, security, surveillance, distributed audio and more! Transform your dumb home into a smart home today.

Thanks!
        Martin Custer
        Martin@AutomatedOutlet.com
        www.AutomatedOutlet.com

Comment

• StuckInTheMud
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Oct 2004

I've been dabbling with a few X10 modules for the last 6 months or so and have been very disappointed by it's "clunky" nature and idiosyncratic operation. Fine 10 years ago, but really do deserve better now.

The Z-Wave stuff sounds interesting and I look forward to greater availability of modules, particularly the Icom Technologies stuff.

I feel an order for a controller a couple of plug modules is called for, to have a play!

Jim

Comment

• v8dave
            • Mar 2024

I have been using the Zwave stuff with Homeseer for about 2-3 months now and I like it a lot.

The only downside for me is not being able to use the remote control with Homeseer, but I believe this is being looked at for the future.

I will certainly be replacing all my X10 modules with Zwave devices.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Automated Home Guru
              • Nov 2000

where to purchase zwave - Smart Products Inc.

Originally posted by jbc
              I am almost done building my home and would love to buy 10-30 wall light switches, and dimmers that would control my whole house fans.
              Wheres the supply?

jbc

Comment

• Anonymous
                Automated Home Guru
                • Nov 2000

Check out Smart products at act-solutions.com for product . they have plenty in stock

Comment

• rayboy
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by AutomatedOutlet
                  We're restocked again. I hope the supply gets better in the future.

The best source for smart home automation, security, surveillance, distributed audio and more! Transform your dumb home into a smart home today.

Thanks!
                  I think that link doesn't work (anymore) http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...cat=121&page=1

Anyway, are these units CE approved? Are they "legal" in Europe?

Comment

• shevans
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Sep 2005

No they are not CE approved, you will have to wait for CE approved types. I waited for a year and gave up last November and bought from Martin at Automatedoutlet. Not had any problem with them not having a CE sticker on the back.

Comment

• kundrik
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jul 2005

Is there a way to get something like X10 micromodules but for ZWave? I'd seriously look into some electronics DIY due to the lack of device choice.

Comment

• shevans
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Sep 2005

There should be something in the future ... have a look here:

The ceiling / furniture lighting module looks good.

Comment

• Fordy
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Sep 2005

*Puts hand really really really high up*

I've been checking around every month or two (quietly, non-poster) for updates on z-wave stuff for what feels like ever.

I currently have a bunch of x-10 stuff, and looking to expand much more (need 12 or so wall-lamp controllers for a start..) but Im holding off buying x-10 ones like i currently have because Im waiting for z-wave...

Heeeeeelp, some manufacturer somewhere, give us lots of funky z-wave kit... (and also preferably a way of talking to the z-wave stuff via the serial port or similar from our own applications written in perl!! ) ).

Adam.

Comment

Working...
                          X