Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SensibleHeatUK
    • Feb 2009

The HCM200D is not multi-lingual and the language cannot be changed via firmware updates so you need to buy the version that supports the language you require.

The radiator controllers do make some noise, it is a motor driving the valve after all. we have supplied/installed thousands of these and I only know of one customer who found the noise an issue in their bedroom. In this case the radiator controller seemed to transmit the mechanical noise to the radiator which in turn amplified the sound (the radiator was an aluminium, flat low-water-content model rather than the standard steel versions most people have). They were changing the radiators in their house in any case and the new column-style replacemnt did not cause any problems. If you are really sensitive to noise or easily disturbed then you may not want to fit one in your bedroom though.

If you want a UK-model Manager then do speak to us at Sensible Heat (the Honeywell-appointed sole UK distributor), we are not as cheap as euro mail-order/internet resellers but we actually install the system for a living so can directly support our customers should you have installation queries/set up issues. Our units are also guaranteed to be running latest firmware which may be an issue if you want to use some of the newer products Honeywell added to the range or should you want to use our Web Manager.
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• DavidS
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2007

Multilingual no; valves audible

No, just one language but that needs to be specified at the time of order. I get the impression that the ROM might be different for each language.

I have not touched the firmware. I guessed that as it had been out for quite a few years when I got it it was likely to be stable and I didn't see them adding big changes.

The valves are certainly audible when adjusting, but really just the whirring sound of the gear turning. You tend only to notice when they first open up or shut down completely especially in a bedroom (where I live is pretty quiet). The only other time that they are a bit obvious is when the do their weekly 'exercise' function, especially during the summer. But certainly they are not silent like normal TRVs.

As an aside, the original set of batteries lasted two years - I had to replace them all this autumn.

Comment

• kensun
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2010

rather expensive

Hi,

Just a comment really (maybe a little venting too) . It's a rather expensive piece of equipment here for what it can really do. I've enquired sensibleheat.co.uk specifically for the HCM200D unit but got nothing specific as to how much does the unit cost but rather given a few pdf's. It seems like a non-starter here since I've explicitly mentioned I'd like to test with just 1 controller and 1 motorised head.

Quoting from the pdf, based on 5 room scenario.

2,745 --- equipment
        405 --- day's work, etc etc...

I'd wish somebody could sell these components separately so I can test with just 1 room and expand later on. Failing that, it's learning basic german so I can thrawl their site as mentioned by Dave.

I was quite surprised as how much we have to rely on imports from EU/China while people in this country just sells at an extortionate price. Even my builder charged me 20k refurbishing the house... I should've gone with the polish builder. Enough said...

Comment

• sooty7
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2007

You don't say exactly what equipment is proposed for the 5 room scenario, but £2745 sounds a lot to me for 5 rooms.

I have the HCM200D, a HC60NG boiler relay, 14 HR80 valves and a few other bits and pieces of Hometronic gear in my setup and it did not cost anywhere near that.

Paul..

Originally posted by kensun View Post
          Hi,

Just a comment really (maybe a little venting too) . It's a rather expensive piece of equipment here for what it can really do. I've enquired sensibleheat.co.uk specifically for the HCM200D unit but got nothing specific as to how much does the unit cost but rather given a few pdf's. It seems like a non-starter here since I've explicitly mentioned I'd like to test with just 1 controller and 1 motorised head.

Quoting from the pdf, based on 5 room scenario.

2,745 --- equipment
          405 --- day's work, etc etc...

I'd wish somebody could sell these components separately so I can test with just 1 room and expand later on. Failing that, it's learning basic german so I can thrawl their site as mentioned by Dave.

I was quite surprised as how much we have to rely on imports from EU/China while people in this country just sells at an extortionate price. Even my builder charged me 20k refurbishing the house... I should've gone with the polish builder. Enough said...

Comment

• Geezah
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Feb 2010

Sheesh,,,I must be a right thicko, how on earth do I post anew thread?

ta

Comment

Working...
            X