• Show
Clear All
  • Sadkiller
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2007

POuMA 80 Anyone can help!

Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!

Dear SunBeam,

Thanks for your help in advance. I can not post any here, so i have to send message to you here. Hope you can help!

I have a Puma 80 Combi boiler at home and the centrol heating is not working properly. I have read the forum below:

As you said, it maybe divert problem. I have changed the pump and divert already. But it still no CH. I always set the CH as continus. However it turn off after 30s or few mins.
    1. I was thinking it is gas in the air. After i bled the air, still no luck.
    2. then i think it is pump, i changed pump. Still no luck. But i can feel the CH hot water pipe is warm. the PUmp is really hot.
    3. then I changed the divert. The problem still happens (clicking on and off every few secs as it went.) However, i can feel some radiators are working and CH hot water pipe are hot.
    4. Then I clean the raidiator. This time the heater rung for a long time, but suddently off and clicking on and off every few secs as it went. Only 1/3 of the bigest radiator seems warm. Then it cool down after heater not running properly.
    5. in these two days, i tried to touch the CH cold pipe it seems it much hoter than the CH hot pipe. I think it is unusual.

Really do not know what happen now. Also there is a valve which connect from CH hot pipe to CH cold pipe? Should i close or open it? What is this used for?

Could you help me ASAp? As this happens and we can not get any CH at home. Thanks a lot!
  • sunbeam
    • Feb 2006

hello Sadkiller

first of all what does the pressure gauge show on the boiler?

it needs to be around 1.5

open the valve that connects the central heating to the cold water until you have 1.5 then close it.

bleed the radiators then top back up to 1.5

turn on the central heating and let us know what's not getting warm.

Comment

• Sadkiller
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2007

The question

Thanks for your quick reply! Acturally i did what you have said before, it remained same problem, which is the light turn off after 30s or few mins. Then i was thinking it is Pump problem, so i changed pump. But it still same. Then, i am thininking it is divert problem so i changed again. (The divert was changed last year already). The problme still remains. But sometimes if you let the heater running, some radiators working.
      SO i think maybe one of the biggest radiator has problem which block the water flow. So i clean the radiator by bled and pour out the water inside. Then it seems better, nearly all of radiators are working. But the biggest one only have 1/3 working. But after running for few mins (a bit longer than before). Then stop again. Finally, the heater back to previous question, which is turn off after 30s or few mins. Sometimes, the cold pipe seems more hot than the hot CH pipe.

All the best. Hope the explaination is clear.

Comment

• Sadkiller
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2007

Water pressure valve

Do you think the problem si from water pressure value which connected to diverter? thanks

Comment

• Sadkiller
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2007

CH hot water pipe

Changed back theold moto, When i switch on the heater continus again. it is same. It seems not pump problem.

When I touched the CH Hot water pipe, it can only be warm a short distance from the divert to the the place where there is a switch been connected to the CH cold water pipe.

My boiler is about 1.5 to 2 meters high from floor.

Please help. I have tried all what i can do. Still no luck.

Thanks!

Comment

• Sadkiller
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2007

thanks for help

please anyone can help!
            BR

Comment

• sunbeam
              • Feb 2006

does the boiler cut of after 30 secs when on hot water?

Comment

• Sadkiller
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Oct 2007

thanks

the hot water is working fine. Only CH has problem. Last year I met the same problem. thanks

Comment

• Sadkiller
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Oct 2007

Please help

i changed the new moto of pump and new divert. the CH hot water pipe seems hot, but the CH hot water pipe seems hot as well. Also, it seems the hot water can not go to Radiator. The heater after running every 30s or 1 min, then shut down again. Headache. Please help.

Also i lost the air vent pin of radiator. try to buy a new one, but can not move the air vent. Anyone knows how to change radiator air vent. Please help.

kind regards,

Comment

• sunbeam
                    • Feb 2006

why not take the pin out of the new bleed instead of changing all the lot.

you might aswell put a new central heating thermister on the boiler, it could be that.

Comment

• sooty7
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Oct 2007

Hi to all.

Just joined the forum after being a browser for many months.

Sadkiller.
                      I'm not an expert but I have experienced a similar problem in the past. The valve you mention in your first post connected between CH hot and CH cold sounds like a bypass valve.

This is normally an automatic adjustable valve fitted on a combi system when you have thermostatic valves on all the radiators so that in the event all the rad valves are closed and there is still a demand for heat, the bypass valve opens and allows the hot water flow to return to the pump. I have also seen standard gate valves installed as a bypass. They are normally installed very close to the boiler.

Your problem sounds like the bypass valve could be permanently open which would return the CH hot straight back to the boiler before getting to any radiators hence boiler only running in short bursts and pipework only getting hot up to the valve.

If it is a manual valve, make sure all your radiator valves are fully open and then close the bypass valve fully and see if that helps. If it's an automatic valve, try setting it to its highest setting. If it’s an automatic valve it may be stuck open but you will need to drain the system and remove it to check.

Regards

Sooty

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                        Founder
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sooty7 View Post
                        Just joined the forum after being a browser for many months
                        Welcome Sooty!

M.
                        Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
                        www.twitter.com/ottomate
                        www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• sooty7
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2007

Thanks Otto-Mate.

Comment

• Sadkiller
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2007

Thanks

Yesterday, got working. however, it did not work properly. i set the CH as continus. But the boiler still turn off after every 30s. The luck thing is it have CH. The boiler can be working a bit long once it starts to work. However, it still turn off and restart again.

Also, it seems the further two big radiators can not work properly at the same time. Have to switch off one then the other one can work more better. After working for one day, then it is no any luck on CH again.

any idea? thanks for great help!

Comment

• Sadkiller
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Oct 2007

Thanks

Dear Otty,

Thanks for your reply. I think that one you mentioned about it is 3 way diverter. You are right but it is autometic one produced by pottern. I have changed this one last year and I changed again this year. So it is not adjustable.

i did try to have a look the machine. i think it maybe because of the block so the whole flow is not very nice. Is it? but i am thinking how i can clean the whole system if there is no flow.

thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X