Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POuMA 80 Anyone can help!

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi to all.

Just joined the forum after being a browser for many months.

Sadkiller.
    I'm not an expert but I have experienced a similar problem in the past. The valve you mention in your first post connected between CH hot and CH cold sounds like a bypass valve.

This is normally an automatic adjustable valve fitted on a combi system when you have thermostatic valves on all the radiators so that in the event all the rad valves are closed and there is still a demand for heat, the bypass valve opens and allows the hot water flow to return to the pump. I have also seen standard gate valves installed as a bypass. They are normally installed very close to the boiler.

Your problem sounds like the bypass valve could be permanently open which would return the CH hot straight back to the boiler before getting to any radiators hence boiler only running in short bursts and pipework only getting hot up to the valve.

If it is a manual valve, make sure all your radiator valves are fully open and then close the bypass valve fully and see if that helps. If it's an automatic valve, try setting it to its highest setting. If itís an automatic valve it may be stuck open but you will need to drain the system and remove it to check.

Regards

Sooty

Quote Originally Posted by sooty7 View Post
    Just joined the forum after being a browser for many months
    Welcome Sooty!

M.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks Otto-Mate.

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Thanks

Yesterday, got working. however, it did not work properly. i set the CH as continus. But the boiler still turn off after every 30s. The luck thing is it have CH. The boiler can be working a bit long once it starts to work. However, it still turn off and restart again.

Also, it seems the further two big radiators can not work properly at the same time. Have to switch off one then the other one can work more better. After working for one day, then it is no any luck on CH again.

any idea? thanks for great help!

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Thanks

Dear Otty,

Thanks for your reply. I think that one you mentioned about it is 3 way diverter. You are right but it is autometic one produced by pottern. I have changed this one last year and I changed again this year. So it is not adjustable.

i did try to have a look the machine. i think it maybe because of the block so the whole flow is not very nice. Is it? but i am thinking how i can clean the whole system if there is no flow.

thanks a lot!

Just on the off chance.
    What type of radiator valves do you have. If you have the thermostatic type they may be stuck. To unstick them depends on the type you have. Also have you tried balancing the system it might be worth doing this.
    These sites explains it really well.
    http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html
    http://www.diydata.com/projects/cent..._balancing.php

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Thanks

Dear all,

THanks for all help from your guys. in these two days, there is no any luck on the CH. the flame turn off after every 30s and when I touched two CH pipes (hot and cold) the cold is geting hot faster than hot one. found two resisters R1 &R2 are loose, then resold. But the problem still remain same. the flame turn off after every 30s, NO any CH. is the pump not strong enough to bring the cold water back so the boiler is keeping over heat?

Is the pump being blocked and is there any place to be blocked? Is the diverted dead again?

By the way, when i touched the moto, it is really hot!

feel dead!

Automated Home Jr Member

Default water pressure

dear all,

today i checked the water pressure gaurage, it seems reduce presure from 2 to 1 in one day. ANy idea aboutit?

tahnks a lot

kindregards

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Pipe temp

Dear All,

in these days i tried to make the system working. However, it seems the pipe connecting to the divert is really hot. However, the CH hot pipe is not hot and it only warm a bit distance only. not further? Also moto is really hot.

Still no CH.

kind regards,

have a check around for any dripping hot taps,

it only takes a drip on a puma for the heating not to work.