• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drummer
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2007

blockage

potterton puma 80 system outlet pipe blocked to one rad micro 10mm plastic pipe fitted rad has been flushed out how do I turn the water off so I can diconect pipe from manifold to clean out in laymans terms dont know anything about plumbing yet .

cheers mastiff
  • sunbeam
    • Feb 2006

somewhere on the system (usually the lowest point) there will be a drian off point, connect a hose pipe to the drain off, run the pipe outside, open the drain,

you don't have to turn any water off.

Comment

• drummer
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by sunbeam View Post
      somewhere on the system (usually the lowest point) there will be a drian off point, connect a hose pipe to the drain off, run the pipe outside, open the drain,

you don't have to turn any water off.
      how do you fill the system back up

Comment

• sunbeam
        • Feb 2006

sorry for the delay,

having ongoing problems with my internet connection,

between the cold water inlet and the central heating return pipes going to the boiler there will be a filling loop. turn this on until the pressure gauge on the boiler is showing 1.5

Comment

• drummer
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Oct 2007

top up

Originally posted by sunbeam View Post
          sorry for the delay,

having ongoing problems with my internet connection,

between the cold water inlet and the central heating return pipes going to the boiler there will be a filling loop. turn this on until the pressure gauge on the boiler is showing 1.5
          thanks for your invaluable help sunbeam just one more thing can I keep topping it up till the water runs clean,and where do you put the anti corrosion in etc,

cheers

Comment

• rupertbear
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Nov 2007

Drummer
            when i put my anti corrosion stuff in my system i just picked 1 radiator turned the valves off disconected it from the pipework . emptied the water from it by opening one of the valves. turned the rad upside down poured the anti corrosion stuff into the rad. turned the valve off . refitted the rad to the pipe work . repressurised the system . bled the system ...job done...

Maybe one of the pros know an easier way.. thats the only way i could think to do it........Sounds a lot of work but dont take long........

Comment

Working...
            X