• Show
Clear All
  • trevorjdaniel
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2005

Phone connection help

Hi there,

Can anyone help please?

I want to add the ability to add 5 telephone extenstions onto my cat5e network.

At the moment, I just have a master BT socket on the all behind my cabinet and a patch panel with enough spare sockets.

What i would like to do is make the bottom right 5 sockets on my patch panel into phone so i can then patch those sockets to any of the networks around the house.

I reckon i need to.

1. Work out how to wire from the BT master jack to 5 cat5e patch panel sockers.
    2. Buy 5 connectors of some description that the phones plug into at the "room" end of my network.

Can anyone tell the best way to go about this please?

Thanks

Trev
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Try these threads

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Home IQ
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2007

ren

Hi, have you checked the ren number on your telephone handsets? i think BT have a max. capability of ren 4, ring equivalent number, this is the max load you can place on the bt line, just a thought.

Your handsets will have a small label on the underside, this will show the ren number, normally 1. In practice you can quite often exceed this number because devices with a REN of 1 may actually have a real REN of only a fraction of 1.

Carl.

Comment

Working...
      X