• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amason
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2007

Remote Power ON/OFF Problem

My company currently has camera crew on site filming a documentary. Unfortunately, they cannot film whilst the "piped" music is on.

I am therefore looking for a simple and relatively cheap method of instantly turning off power to an amplifier over long(ish) distances and through concrete floors. Neither the amp or audio source (a pc) have infrared remote functionality.

I think my ideal solution would be an extension lead or plug\socket with built in GSM that can be controlled simply by ringing it or perhaps text message. I'm open to other ideas though.

I've found the HE101 from HomeEasy but the SMS functionality is not available yet.

Can anyone suggest another product?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Mason
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

If you want cheap forget using a GSM based system this will set you back hundreds. Have a look at https://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/sea...d=375&cat2=375
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• amason
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2007

Good shout, thanks.

The Bye Bye Standby OnlineController in theory at least will allow control by mobile phone using the via its Internet Connection.

I don't suppose you know how quickly the power is turned off? Is it instant? Is there a delay?

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

The delay is probably no more than about half a second.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• amason
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Nov 2007

thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X