• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rocketron204
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2007

AWM2 problem

Can anyone help with my problem

The AWM2 is wired with both the signal wires connected together (i.e. so that one switch operates F1 and F2) two lights come on together but can be independently switched on and off via my pronto remote.
    This worked OK for a while but first the second X10 (F2)address stopped working from the switch and now F1 has stopped working from the switch, however I can hear the module relay coming on (power wise the module is not connected to anything).

Both F1 and F2 switch from my pronto via RF so I know the light modules are OK.

Have I damaged the module by connecting the signal wires together

Thanks in advance

Ron
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I don't think you can damage the module by connecting the 2 switch wires together. And the fact that " Both F1 and F2 switch from my pronto via RF so I know the light modules are OK". Then I'm almost 100% certain its collisions in your X10 data. If you send 2 X10 command together they may get through sometimes and then sometimes not. Try disconecting one of the wires going to the switch. Say leave the wire for F1 connected and disconect the other. Does this work. Then try the wire for F2 connected and F1 disconnected. If this works. Then its definately not the module. But data collisions.
    The only solution is to use 2 switches.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Rocketron204
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2007

Hi toscal,
      thanks for the advice, I tried that already and it didn't work (sorry forgot to post that!!).
      I have had a look at the module (it's inside a light housing) and the LED is flashing every 3-4 seconds.
      Do you know if this is an error code?

Thanks again

Ron

Comment

• IntelliHome
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2007

Maybe the AWM2 is getting too hot?

If you don't use the AWM2 for controlling a lamp locally, you might as well opt for the TMA4.

Regards,

Anja
        IntelliHome

Comment

• Rocketron204
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2007

Anja,
          got the AWM2 because it was cheaper, just got a TMD4 as a replacement!!!

Thanks for the advise

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X