• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wywywywy
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2005

Electrisave not communicating?

Hi,

First of all sorry for asking about Electrisave here... but with Electrisave not selling or supporting Electrisave anymore (!) I am not sure where to ask about it, plus it is "sort of" related to home automation anyway.

Okay, the problem is, the batteries of the sender went flat last week, so I replaced them, but since then the sender won't communicate with the receiver.

I tried holding the "check" button on the sender for 2 seconds, the "search" button on the receiver for 2 seconds, reseting the sender, reseting the receiver, etc, but they still won't communicate.

They appear to be working, the light on the sender does flash, and the receiver does seem to act as normal, but it just wouldn't get any value.

Has anyone got any idea/advice?

Thanks.
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

You tried contacting them thru this site...

Home of the OWL Intuition System - Providing Smart Solar and Energy Monitoring and Analysis, and Smart Heating Controls. With intelligent control and powerful tools to optimise your electricity usage, you can reduce your bills by up to 25% with products from the OWL range!

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• wywywywy
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2005

Basically the Owl are the people who pushed Electrisave out of business, and needless to save they won't support the "old" Electrisave products.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

From the Owl FAQ -

Isn’t this the same product as Electrisave?
        The Electrisave had extremely limited distribution in the UK and it’s been re-launched as The OWL.

I thought that implied it was some sort of re-branding, rather than a different company, sorry.

M.
        Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
        www.twitter.com/ottomate
        www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• wywywywy
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2005

Thats what they want you to believe...

Basically this device wasn't developed in the UK, AFAIK its from Australia, and Electrisave bought the rights to resell it in the UK. Then a big company behind the Owl bought the Australian company, and raised the supply price by a large amount, effectively killing Electrisave.

I think Electrisave still has the rights to sell this device, just that they can't make a profit so they gave up.

"The Electrisave had extremely limited distribution in the UK and it’s been re-launched as The OWL."

Note the sour word "extremely limited"...

Comment

• cmalir
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Feb 2004

Do you still have the instructions telling you what order to do all the searching, checking and resetting in? If not, I'll send you a copy.

Comment

• wywywywy
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Dec 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, but I do still have the manual, and I have followed all the steps very carefully but its still not communicating

Comment

Working...
              X