• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIRV
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2007

Power Failure Restore

Hi,

can anybody tell me what happens when there is a power failure using the ActiveHome software to program the CM11, but I power the PC off when finished.

Having just invested in a small starter system (Starting off with Christmas Light Control) i wondered if the system returns to the same state as it was before the failure. if so do the internal timers set on the modules also re trigger or do all the lights that were on, come back on.

Also, I have found that the Prolific USB device supplied with the CM11 locks up, I changed it for another Prolific USB to RS232 device with two serial plugs on it (9 Pin), bought a couple of months back from a USB online shop, so far it has been working for an hour which is more than the supplied lead does.

Regards

Mirv
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

If there is a power cut, and then power is restored. Then the modules will stay OFF until an event occurs that will change their status. If you want some form of checking for power failures then you will need to use some software such as Homeseer, www.homeseer.com or something like homevision www.csi3.com. There are other systems or softwares available as well.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X