Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Honeywell CM Zone - basic questions

Automated Home Sr Member

All,
    Thank you for the replies.

My boiler control unit still often powers the boiler for one minute even with the minimum run time set to five minutes.

Before I had my new combo boiler fitted this year I had a Zelio PLC between the HC60 so an on signal of of 90 seconds was required before it would open the motorised valve and power the boiler.

It also left the pump and valve running / open for five minutes after the HC60 signal stopped. Thus circulating the warm water and permitting a rapid start if the HC60 gave an output.

Now my HC60 feeds the boiler direct and I suspect all these short cycles are a waste of gas and electricity.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by IM35461 View Post
    All,
    Thank you for the replies.

My boiler control unit still often powers the boiler for one minute even with the minimum run time set to five minutes.

Before I had my new combo boiler fitted this year I had a Zelio PLC between the HC60 so an on signal of of 90 seconds was required before it would open the motorised valve and power the boiler.

It also left the pump and valve running / open for five minutes after the HC60 signal stopped. Thus circulating the warm water and permitting a rapid start if the HC60 gave an output.

Now my HC60 feeds the boiler direct and I suspect all these short cycles are a waste of gas and electricity.
    Did you invest in an Evotouch Controller? They allow you to control both the minimum run time and the number of cycles per hour.

Automated Home Sr Member

I have one on order and will report back when it arrives...

With luck it will obey the settings which is more than my CM67z do.

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Ecohome

My one has arrived at last and is hooked up.

First proble I have is that Optimum Start and Stop only seem to be active on one zone.

It is set under zone config for all five zones but viewing the current temperatures of the room it only says "Opt" against one zone.

I cannot understand why?

BTW factory reset HR80's by inserting batteries while holding bind button to make sure they transmit temperature again so they will bind twice properly, once as a temperature sensor and then as the valve.

EDIT:
    This morning it says "Opt" against all zones so I guess it has to think about it for a while?
    Last edited by IM35461; 24th January 2012 at 08:11 AM.

Automated Home Sr Member

One further observation of the EcoTouch is that it does not have an option to change the on/off temperature differential for heating.

At the moment it would seem to be about 2c

I would like to reduce that but no option

One further observation of the EcoTouch is that it does not have an option to change the on/off temperature differential for heating.

At the moment it would seem to be about 2c

I would like to reduce that but no option
    You don't set a differential temperature as it is not doing basic thermostatic control. The Honeywell system uses fuzzy logic algorithms used are self-tuning so the system will learn the thermal characteristics for each zone (measuring the rates of change of temperature and adjusting the on-off cycling of the manifold controller outputs or modulating the HR80 valve position) thereby minimising the temperature cycling around setpoint usually to around plus/minus half a degree. This can take a good few days before the accuracy starts to improve and only operates when the measured temperature is within around 1 degree of setpoint. If your rooms are always too warm then you may need to think about upping the setpoint for a day or two to get within the range for the self-tuning to operate and improve the control response.

We also found that the self-tuning precess in the manifold controller was a little too conservative for the UK climate so now have special firmware from Honeywell that is a bit more aggressive when re-tuning the control loops with the self-tuning working over a slightly larger temperature range.
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Automated Home Jr Member

Can DT92s be used with hometronic? They look much nicer than the mechanical ones.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by fourtears View Post
    Can DT92s be used with hometronic? They look much nicer than the mechanical ones.
    Listed as OK with the EcoTouch but not sure about the Hometronic.

Another snag is finding somewhere that sells them or the other temperature set points.

I should also report on my system.

Several mornings I have been very cold where for whatever reason the BDR91 has failed to operate.

Running the RF Test from the EcoTouch would at this time either says Excellent or No Response.

If I then re-paired the BDR91 the boiler would immediately start up.

This happened at least four different mornings (but heating was working fine to shutdown time the night before).

Even tried the complete reset of BDR91 buy holding button for 15s

As I still have my HC60NG boiler relay unit I thought I would try that.

Since fitting that, again after a full reset of it by pressing button for 15s all has been well.

So either the HC60NG is more sensitive or perhaps my BDR91 has a problem?

Automated Home Jr Member

Another snag is finding somewhere that sells them or the other temperature set points.
    try plumbnation

Quote Originally Posted by fourtears View Post
    No, the DT92 is not compatible with Hometronic, only the HCF82 & HCW82. Obviously as the UK & Ireland distributor for Hometronic we carry stock including the new Evo Touch range too
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk