• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dnp0
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2006

Harmony remote and X10 Control

Hi,

I currently have a media centre pc set up in my living room and would like to purchase a remote control which supports macros. If I bought an IR to X10 converter and a Logitech harmony 895 remote what level of control of the lights would I have (the room is on two LD11 modules and number of floor standing lamps)?

I understand that I could get the basic X10 functionality such as ON, OFF, DIM but would it be possible to use dim presets i.e If I setup a play DVD macro could I have it it dim the lights to 30% etc.?

If not what is the best way of achieving this kind of functionality?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Not too sure about that, but one way would be to set up a macro that is the equivalent of say sending a few dim commands from the remote.
    What sort of X10 setup do you have, do you have a CM11 if you do you could set up a macro in this call it A16 set it up to dim the lights to 30%, make sure its on Absolute rather than relative. Save macro. No on the harmony set up a macro for the DVD and to switch on A16. When this macro is activated it will switch on the DVD and set the lights to 30%. You could set the A16 off macro to bring the lights up to full brightness. And then set up another macro on the remote to switch off the DVD and switch off A16. I think they call macros on the Harmony activities. I use a Harmony but have set up macros in my Homevision controller to give me the desired levels of brightness.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X