• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter_13
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2007

Powermax question - temperature monitoring

I have the Visonic Powermax (not PLUS) alarm system in my house. How do I use the hard-wired zone on the back of the unit? How do I register it? Is it normally open or closed?

I want to hook up a freeze sensor to it. I found a simple one, with normally closed contacts. Is there something more advanced? I really want to use it with the Powermax instead of being a separate unit (it will be too complicated to communicate with another device by phone - the answering machine, the Powermax, etc.)

I also have broadband internet in the house with an IP that changes rarely but it can still change. Is there a simple device that can be hooked up to the router to monitor the temperature in the house when I am away?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Go to the powermax website and download the manual. www.visonic.com You may need to put a resistor across the terminals. It should tell you in the manual.
    Good luck
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Peter_13
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2007

The manual does not say how to use it, it just mentions that is assigned to zone 30.

There is a 2.2 K resistor on the back, indeed. I guess I have to use it.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

I guess you just select the Zone number the same way you would do if you where setting up a wireless detector. And then trigger the sensor I suppose.
        See page 5 of the programming manual.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• raven
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Dec 2007

I have connected zones 29 and 30 to wired devices on my powermax+. Do you still need help?

Comment

• Peter_13
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Dec 2007

I did it, too. I connected a freeze sensor to the hardwired zone, using the resistor, as well (sequentially - the current goes through the resistor, then through the sensor). It was a bit messy because it needed some soldering and the resistor is small. The system recognized this as zone 30. It works now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X