Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idratek and Heating

Reading all this makes me wanna hurry up & get our boiler replacement (enabling zoning etc) started asap .... ! As we only have TRVs on 2 of 10 rads there is plenty of scope for improvement...

I've been reading the sauter spec & reading the various thread from those of you that are already using them -- Are the valves driven by ac or dc ?

The valve actuators that we supply are operable using 24Vdc (we also sell a suitable DIN rail power supply which can power a few of these). It may be possible to operate the 24V units using 24Vac since as far as I'm aware it is just powering a heating element. There are other variants driven by 230Vac.

Karam
    IDRATEK LTD

The datasheet for the AXT 111/105 indicates that the 24V variant is 24Vac, if I read 24V~ correctly.

Although it does seem to work OK with a 24Vdc supply.

Something at the back of my mind makes me this ac is more efficient for distribution? Though granted at 24v and low current and across the distance of my terraced house the difference is probably very marginal.

We just got our latest gas bill today (upto the day before the recent price rises).... OUCH. The boiler change & zoning/sub-zoning are now high priority for us - how quick can we get our plumber booked.... Even the wife is now enthusiastic !!
    Last edited by jpdw; 19th January 2008 at 02:58 PM.