Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wish List

I'm intending eventually to play with these MaxBotics sensors in a room entry / exit count configuration. I already have a PIC processor attached to them (Gerry Dupreys) that reduces the serial chat to just the info you're interested in and can just give logic I/O as well.

Fortunately the majority of my doorways are thick - walls are 2-3 feet width and I intend to place the sensor at the far extreme facing towards the room but diagonally across the doorway. The PIC will remove all distance reports outside a preset range and so I should be able to eliminate any within room movement. Then with a bit of code adaption I should get a trigger plus 'near to far' or 'far to near' report from the sensor which would indicate if someone was entering or leaving the room.

It remains to be seen how well this will work in practice but it could tie in well with the new Cortex directional entry/exit support in V24.

My slight reticence is any audability of the ultrasonics by my dog - need to do a bit of research here to see if it's going to be an issue.

K

Default Another easy one -- Esc to cancel dialogs

Another 'windows standard UI' request (similar to the tab-key ordering)
    - ESCape key to cancel (close) a dialog box
    Jon

Automated Home Sr Member mcockerell's Avatar

My top priority would be for an intercom module for use where I don't wish to fit a full function control panel - not just externally, but internally as well.

Martin

Automated Home Ninja Andrew Millne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m****erell View Post
    My top priority would be for an intercom module for use where I don't wish to fit a full function control panel - not just externally, but internally as well.

Martin
    External intercom module seconded

Automated Home Jr Member

An external intercom is being developed.

The design will provide a range of audio functions (similar to the DFP-H02) and Cortex support tailored for this particular application. We are hoping to offer the unit in both flush and surface mounting options.

We have as yet, no confirmed release date, but IDRATEK will keep you informed on developments.

Regards,
    Peter.

Automated Home Sr Member mcockerell's Avatar

And an internal one?

The DFP-H02 is too large and has more functionality than required in some locations - but a couple of buttons and LEDs would be useful.

Martin

Automated Home Jr Member

Martin,

Yes there are also plans for an internal unit with similar functionality. Again, no definite release dates as yet.

Regards,
    Peter

Automated Home Jr Member KirasHome's Avatar

Damn - getting drool on the keyboard again :-)

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

Yep - that's now three or maybe four things ('losing count) we've recently heard are in the pipeline !

ie: an Ethernet and/or USB interface; maybe a dedicated computing platform; a DBI; an external intercom unit; and an internal inercom unit ... hey, that's five, maybe six ! And perhaps seven, if we've all persuaded the team to take-up on the interest in power metering ... ? I can think of at least two more I'd like to add ... but I imagine they're busy enough already !
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 22nd January 2009 at 06:59 PM.

Automated Home Ninja Andrew Millne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pdwarriner View Post
    An external intercom is being developed.
    That's excellent news Peter thanks for keeping us posted.