X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

I'll add my weight to the service being seperated from the GUI. Porting to Linux I would think to be a large job, although I understand the concept of black box solution. Not sure the direction Idratek are taking, is the DIY side of the business really generating the revenue or is it a handy addition to the professional installation service?

With a larger deployment I am not sure that a sub-10W machine could provide the horsepower. Anyway a legacy fanless Mini-ITX with a SSD would be getting close to 10W so long as it is headless. Finally, if your home is so well automated you are likely to save 100's Watts and be less worried about the "brain" consuming <30W

Paul

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Web Interface

I can see that my web displayed list of Cortex devices is going to get very large ..

It would be nice to be able to filter the web displayed devices by their parent containers - for example by room or by floor to reduce the number of displayed devices. A set of room buttons along the top or a drop down menu selection perhaps. Having some security restrictions at this level integrated into the user manager would be helpful - augmenting the per device ones already there.

Also having AJAX implemented within the web interface to provide realtime updates of changing values would be neat - rather than the refresh based system.

Kevin

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

When you click on an item in the graphic display it is highlighted in the tree view - it would be neat to be able to do a similar thing in reverse. Perhaps also making an object visible if it were invisible/not in a displayed layer whilst the mouse is held down in the tree.

K

Comment

• jpdw
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2007

Easy one? Tab order on Reflex form

I wish they'd sort out the "tab order" of the controls on the Reflex form for the DTS....

Not sure how "widespread" this is (ie other modules, other dialogs), but I've been re-setting up a couple of DTSs and finding the tab order between controls is like playing snakes and ladders... press tab and end up with focus somewhere seemingly completely random....!
          Jon

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
            Automated Home Legend
            • Dec 2007

how about a 3D display for Cortex - could be a good way to up the information density & accessibility, especially with some motion, too !

Looks as though it might be quite affordable - eg:

8" display :

iPod Touch ** :

** IIUC, about a $50 add-on - see GeekbriefTV #490
            Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 11 January 2009, 03:36 PM. Reason: afterthought
            Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Kevin
              • Jan 2004

I'm intending eventually to play with these MaxBotics sensors in a room entry / exit count configuration. I already have a PIC processor attached to them (Gerry Dupreys) that reduces the serial chat to just the info you're interested in and can just give logic I/O as well.

Fortunately the majority of my doorways are thick - walls are 2-3 feet width and I intend to place the sensor at the far extreme facing towards the room but diagonally across the doorway. The PIC will remove all distance reports outside a preset range and so I should be able to eliminate any within room movement. Then with a bit of code adaption I should get a trigger plus 'near to far' or 'far to near' report from the sensor which would indicate if someone was entering or leaving the room.

It remains to be seen how well this will work in practice but it could tie in well with the new Cortex directional entry/exit support in V24.

My slight reticence is any audability of the ultrasonics by my dog - need to do a bit of research here to see if it's going to be an issue.

K

Comment

• jpdw
                Automated Home Guru
                • Oct 2007

Another easy one -- Esc to cancel dialogs

Another 'windows standard UI' request (similar to the tab-key ordering)
                - ESCape key to cancel (close) a dialog box
                Jon

Comment

• mcockerell
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Jan 2009

My top priority would be for an intercom module for use where I don't wish to fit a full function control panel - not just externally, but internally as well.

Martin

Comment

• Andrew Millne
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by m****erell View Post
                    My top priority would be for an intercom module for use where I don't wish to fit a full function control panel - not just externally, but internally as well.

Martin
                    External intercom module seconded
                    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

• pdwarriner
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2008

An external intercom is being developed.

The design will provide a range of audio functions (similar to the DFP-H02) and Cortex support tailored for this particular application. We are hoping to offer the unit in both flush and surface mounting options.

We have as yet, no confirmed release date, but IDRATEK will keep you informed on developments.

Regards,
                      Peter.

Comment

• mcockerell
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jan 2009

And an internal one?

The DFP-H02 is too large and has more functionality than required in some locations - but a couple of buttons and LEDs would be useful.

Martin

Comment

• pdwarriner
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2008

Martin,

Yes there are also plans for an internal unit with similar functionality. Again, no definite release dates as yet.

Regards,
                          Peter

Comment

• KirasHome
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2006

Damn - getting drool on the keyboard again :-)

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Dec 2007

Yep - that's now three or maybe four things ('losing count) we've recently heard are in the pipeline !

ie: an Ethernet and/or USB interface; maybe a dedicated computing platform; a DBI; an external intercom unit; and an internal inercom unit ... hey, that's five, maybe six ! And perhaps seven, if we've all persuaded the team to take-up on the interest in power metering ... ? I can think of at least two more I'd like to add ... but I imagine they're busy enough already !
                              Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 22 January 2009, 06:59 PM.
                              Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Andrew Millne
                                Automated Home Ninja
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by pdwarriner View Post
                                An external intercom is being developed.
                                That's excellent news Peter thanks for keeping us posted.
                                Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X