• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Idiot, idiot, idiot

I've been re-wiring the garage ready for my new Node0 home. I needed to move some IdraNet modules and off I went with screw driver in hand like an idiot I forgot to power down the network.

I have blown two of the fuses on my MPD. Does anyone know if these are replaceable? Is it likely my local Maplins might stock them?
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

I've done that too - I was wondering where the tingly sensation was coming from ...

Obviously Idratek carry and sell them. I'd say it's a top-tip to buy spare fuses with the MPD (and also for DRBs, QRHs etc etc).

In fact, it would be nice if they included a set with the MPD.

They are small surface mount types, but are socketed as I recall. I doubt Maplin has them - couldn't see them. Maybe RS, but Idratek likely to be faster.

I could go demount my (spare) MPD and take a look/picture if it will help.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Paul_B
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2006

Thanks David I've already emailed Karam. At the moment I have fitted a spare 6-way patch panel for all connections and connected one of the still live spurs from the MPD into the patch.

Paul

Comment

• JonS
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2007

I have also done this with an IPD! I've also had a current overload shutdown. Each time some trepidation that I'd make a costly mistake and ruined a spur, but the kit is really well built and the fuses do seem to protect the expensive bits from careless mistakes.

I now have a pack of both the surface mount 1A fuses and the 4A ones, just in case!
        JonS
        JonS

Comment

Working...
        X