• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Winter
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2007

Can't learn IR?

Hello All,

I wonder if you've had any success with controlling objects with IR. I want to learn new frames with the intention of having my remote start macros to dim lights in the living room.
    My system is set up and working in terms of relaying packets, but when I go into the IR setup screen for any given receiver I get the attached jpg - the 'Learn Selected', 'Stop Learning' and 'Erase Selected' buttons are greyed out.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    --------------------------

www.nodeone.blogspot.com
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

It's quite a while since I played with IR, but I'm guessing that if you are relaying all packets then it can't learn any. Perhaps turn relay off whilst you teach it some frames ?
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Paul_B
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2006

I'd say the same as Gumby you only want to relay unrecognised frames. For recognised frames the IR units will trigger the associated event in Cortex or send a IDRANet packet straight from the IR module.

HTH

Paul

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

Looks like we were wrong, the "selected" in "learn selected" refers to selecting a particular memory using the small checkbox next to the larger area. So tick one of them and the buttons become enabled.

... errr .... I found this in the help page so ... ummm ... RTFMs all round I think :-)
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Paul_B
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2006

Doh I'm stupid

Comment

• John Winter
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2007

*slaps forehead*

Thanks guys. I did read the manual re this but it's amazing what you miss when you make assumptions.....
            --------------------------

www.nodeone.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X