X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

You may have already explained this elsewhere, but why, on entry, do you want to use the swutch to turn on the light? Is the presence detection not working fast enough? And on exit is the reason for the use of the switch to reduce the 'run on' time?

The new lighting engine allows other objects to change automation modes

Karam

Comment

• Paul_B
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2006

Karam,

To some extent I think the issue is unique to the ensuite because the light switch is actually in the bedroom (modern house so no electrics in ensuite or bathroom). Therefore, presence is not detected in the ensuite before the light switch is operated.

To some extent I guess what I want is manual control and the HA to act as a failsafe and turn the light on if someone forgets. Or more imprtantly turn the light off when the children leave the room but don't turn off the light.

Paul

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

Every time I think about your problem my mind bends. May be it's because I'm always looking at it late at night.

I keep thinking I'm there, but then realise something is not quite right.

I guess I'd like to understand why you find manual control preferable in this specific instance - since it implies that automation is not working correctly for you - perhaps we can fix that instead ?
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

Working...
        X