Thread: Reflex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Jr Member

Question Reflex

Hi! its being nearly10 months since i started installing my Idratek automation system, and really pleased to be directed to this new forum, which can be used to share info, my system was more for the security of my property, using modules to switch lights on providing a presense of someone at home. But has developed into automating the upstair heating and hopefully within the next few weeks the whole heating system will be automated. I have found the support fantastic, what im wanting to do now, that over half my house is automated, is a simpler way in understanding reflexing and wondererd if anyone has developed a layperson approach to reflexing i have to admit that i have looked at it but not put time aside to read it all through,
    happy automating

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

Default Reflex

Hi, welcome along !

David's blog will probably help - for Reflex, I think it starts here:

http://www.gumbrell.com/archives/200..._in_reflex.php

Welcome to the forum!

Reflex is quite fiddly to setup, but becomes easier the more you use it. Definately agree with Chris and check-out David's blog (puts the rest of us to shame!) as it gives you some real world solutions and well explained.

Don't be afraid to have a play and the PCIF command-entry does give you options for each per of hex numbers that make up the packet, see screenshot for example.

Let us know how you get on.

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree reflex can be daunting but I read and reread teh help sevral times and went through the example and it all began to fall into place.
    They key points I think are:
    For an output module you can define the starting state plus other states you may want to change to (User Defined Vectors). Then you programe the input you want to trigger a particular action.
    I've just be setting up fall-back rather than doing anything complicated but so far, every time I have tested it it seems to work and no disasters :-) (pride comes before a fall ...)
    Save a Cortex backup first, just to be safe.
    The only gotcha for me was restarting the network after a pause and manual reset of the module I was testing. It stays in Reflex mode unless you reset it again while Cortex is running.

Heating project sounds really good, welcome to the forum.

Jon

Automated Home Jr Member

Unhappy reflex

Hi thanks Chris for that link, ive printed it off but still don't seem to be able to do a basic reflex, Paul is rght it is fiddly, and im not sure i know what im doing. I think i may have to do what JonS has done and keep reading and reading and reading till penny drops thanks for your replies and all help is gratefully recieved.

Can you describe what you are trying to do with Reflex and the Idratek modules that you have? I am sure we can help or at least point you in the right direction

Paul