• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _NKT_
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2008

Individual radiator control

Has anyone tried individual radiator control for all their radiators?

So far, I've looked at the cost of the wireless one, but the quote was £££s - worked out at £100 per radiator or something daft! Not being adverse to doing it myself, we have come up with an idea using hacked servos and valves. Has anyone tried this?

We are going to go with a wired system most likely, as it won't require messing around with batteries and the like, and the range is also probably too far for a single transmitter. Are there any systems like that out there?

Does anyone know how many switches a radiator valve of any type is rated for? Is there a standard? We'd rather not have a valve that wears out because "it's not designed to be turned on and off that much"!

Thanks.
  • NeilUK
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jul 2005

Look for electro-thermal valves that are commonly used on underfloor heating manifolds to provide zone control. They are silent although take several minutes top open or close. They are also available in both mains rated and low voltage variants.

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

I haven't done it, but this thread looks useful:

These are the valves suggested, and you can download a datasheet from here too:

HTH,

Tim.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by NeilUK View Post
        Look for electro-thermal valves that are commonly used on underfloor heating manifolds to provide zone control. They are silent although take several minutes top open or close. They are also available in both mains rated and low voltage variants.
        Uponor / Wirsbo make these. www.uponorhousingsolutions.co.uk
        I do know of another company but I need to find the email they sent me as it gives all the contact details.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X